Anyone melted in the heat yet, or been frozen out by the air conditioners?

I seem to be the only one wearing a scarf in the office this week... How's everyone going with heat?

I'm guessing you must be in Australia... you poor bugger, as if this isn't bad enough without the extra heat plus air conditioners to add to it.

I'm in NZ so we're having a bad summer so far... which is a good summer for me because it's neither too hot nor too cold... just too windy. So i'm the only one wearing a scarf outside.

We have to embrace looking nuts, I spose!

Thinking of you

It's atrocious!! I'm in N.S.W I Australia and we've been having summer for about 4 months!!! Today is 33o here but 43-45 in Melbourne and Adelaide. Poor tennis players in the Open.

I'm south of Adelaide, in Victor Harbor. 43.5' currently. House is 30' I'm just lolling around in shorts, got towels on the lounge chairs and have a potter around and a bit of reading. I chase my kitten and wipe him with a wet flannel. I have a/c but as Australians understand it's too expensive to run!!!!! I have ATN, continually. Interestingly today I've tried a little valium and this MAY be assisting. I use opiods mainly, and have today, plus a bit of valium. Heat or cold don't effect my ATN. It just is there all the time.

I find after a day or two of stinky hot I guess my blood thins and I get pretty active.... everyone else is bent and shuffling with the heat, and I tend to bounce around. Of course I drink a lot of fluids.

Stay comfortable friends. Excuse my perspiration!

I'm Melbourne and its been 43 here today. My poor little puppy is just lolling around at the moment:) and she's been inside all day. Think maybe they should move the tennis to March. Can't be good for them playing in this heat. Apparently tomorrow's going to be a scorcher with wind, which won't be good for the bush fires..

Oh, Smiley, my heart goes out to you!! Last summer on the N.S.W. Central Coast we had three 45c days but at least they weren't together!

And Craig!! Yuck!! Hang the expense and use that A.C.,!!

It got to around 48 - 49 degrees here with our thermometer, The air conditioners set mine off, and the hot dry dusty wind up my nose is like paprika and starts an attack. I wrap myself in head scarves for going outside or in air conditioning. My hair on my face or even a fly can start mine. Having a heat pack on my head adds to the sweat with a doona to warm my head while my partner blasts the air con and fans. I would just hate to be over in the US with all that snow and arctic air though. I work outside on the farm and winter kills me, in summer its only the winds outside that effect it so I much prefer summer. Ahhhh im so dopey from tegretol, I hope some of that makes sense!!!

I'm kind of lucky that I work in a hot take away and that helps.

It so makes sense! I prefer winter though - everyone doesn't look at you like an alien with the head wrapped up. They just think you're cold.. That fly business though, I got caught by surprise earlier this year :( Hope you're having a lovely day :)

farmgirl said:

It got to around 48 - 49 degrees here with our thermometer, The air conditioners set mine off, and the hot dry dusty wind up my nose is like paprika and starts an attack. I wrap myself in head scarves for going outside or in air conditioning. My hair on my face or even a fly can start mine. Having a heat pack on my head adds to the sweat with a doona to warm my head while my partner blasts the air con and fans. I would just hate to be over in the US with all that snow and arctic air though. I work outside on the farm and winter kills me, in summer its only the winds outside that effect it so I much prefer summer. Ahhhh im so dopey from tegretol, I hope some of that makes sense!!!

Not sure I could manage that.. on top of a heat wave. Pretty impressive ;)

catwoman said:

I'm kind of lucky that I work in a hot take away and that helps.

The heat makes mine feel worse but its only 25 degrees today in Manawatu so nothing serious. The summers and winters are both mild here, thankfully :)

Beautiful part of the world.

KiwiTN said:

The heat makes mine feel worse but its only 25 degrees today in Manawatu so nothing serious. The summers and winters are both mild here, thankfully :)

Hi I'm new here I didn't know you existed either my hubby has A typical TN and we are WA, it has been a very bad summer here.

I know!!! You poor things! Here in N.S.W. we're having the summer that just keeps on giving, even this long after it ended! I think today is the first day this March under 25c.

That's pretty impressive. We had a nice balmy day on the bay - not too windy, not too chilly - just right :) No global warming happening here LOL!