About the New Member Introductions category

New members, start your experience here. Introduce yourself and share your story. Let us welcome you

9/06/16
I am six weeks out after having a rhizotomy for sever TM pain. I had one done 7/5, that did not work. The second one was done on 7/22. I was sent home with no knowledge of the after effects, except to expect numbness. After searching I found out I may have AD, which I knew nothing about. I have a brain tumor which causes my Trigeminal nerve to fire. After reading the comments on this chat, it has helped me to understand more about the after effects or my RF rhizotomy. I still have numbness, soreness, and occasional needle pricking sensations in my lower right jaw. Chewing is getting better but not good yet. Thanks for your comments.

Gloria L.

Hey everybody! I’m new to the community and to this diagnosis. I’ve been dealing with this for about 6 months and had no idea what was going on. My family physician finally sent me to a neurologist and here I am. After reading some of the posts it does seem as if there is hope. I was sure this was a death sentence because I had never heard of this before and didn’t know anyone else who suffered with it. Praise GOD that is not the case. Looking forward to learning more about this disorder and how I can live with it!

Hello from Fargo!

Hello. I became a new member here today because I feel like I am running out of options to maintain my job and many friendships. My tn came on fast and furious. Diagnosed in October, meds of many- did not stop the pain, and an unsuccessful mvd surgery in late Feb. Now I have a Gamma Knife scheduled for May 19 and I am unsure of whether I want to risk anesthia dolorosa even more in an attempt to keep my elementary teaching position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and I read a lot of your comments and feel as though I am at a place where its so familiar. I have been suffering with TN for over 5 years now and I feel as though the doctors and my family still cant seem to understand the severity of my pain and suffering. I have had the gamma knife procedure and will be having the Dmv surgery soon, I have tried different medication with no avail, to much side effects. So I have been living on Tylenol, Ibuprofen and hydrocodone, which they only limit my usage. My neurologist seems like he cant do anything else for me and my surgeon is up to do my surgery but due to covid 19 we are not able to go through with this surgery until the hospital gives us the okay. I live a life with pain on a daily basis, from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. I have a constant stabbing, and throbbing pain on my upper left tooth area, it all started with a crack tooth that I had them extract due to the extreme pain that I thought was coming from that tooth. The dentist did not want to do it because he couldn’t see a crack tooth. But I pushed the issue and had them extract the tooth thinking it would have solved the problem and relieve my pain. I was wrong, the pain came back with a vengeance and I have been suffering since. I’m very grateful to have this website that I can read and see other story’s of what people who have the same problem as myself go through.