Newcomer!

Hello, I am a newcomer to this support group. I’m a 56 yo female and have suffered symptoms of TNII since August of this year. I fortunately have a very proactive, supportive PCP and have gotten referrals in a timely fashion. I underwent a GAMMA knife procedure one week ago. The severe, bring you to your knees, episodes have almost gone, I am however still experiencing, constant numbness of my upper teeth on the right, cheek, right nares, and outer aspect of right eye. The pain, although still constant, varies in severity and placement. Still taking pre procedure meds as recommended by neuro surgeon, neurontin 600mg 4 x day. Was absolutely intolerant to tegretol, was totally debilitating. I have lots of questions but will start with this one, does anyone know if there is certain amount of time required between GAMMA knife and per cutaneous rhyzotomy? I am really anxious to return to work. Any thoughts or advice appreciated. So glad I found this group!!!

If I were you… I would research MVD here… Before any other nerve damage procedures…long term vs short term for best outcome.

Read, ask, repeat!

Meds wrecked my life for one year… Then surgery…then post op year two…no pain or meds.