Well it's back!

I had so much pain while taking the 2700 mg of gabapentin alone each day, I was looking for answers to ease my pain. Finally I was prescribed 50mg Lyrica 3x a day and was able to obtain it from Pfizer directly. It's been since January that I have been on that , now my pain is coming back again. I see my doctor in mid April . I am awaiting approval for medical ins, so that I can go to a new doctor. I take b-12 2500mg each day, and thought it was helping, but am not sure. I am sooo tired of the pain and being a caregiver to my husband leaves me little time for myself. Is anyone taking a higher does of Lyrica and Is it working? I have also heard of the lamactil (?spelling) How is that working for you guys? I just want...no need some relief, I'm so tired from the pain.

Put lamictal in the search box and you will find some answers

Have you tried asking dentist/doctor to call you in a prescription topical pain reliever? Lidocaine Cream is affordable I think.

Lamictal I think has less side effects - my son takes it for mood disorder / some take it for epilepsy -- you have to start verrrrrry small dose and go up slowly

Keep Posting!

I feel for ya. I had to increase my Tegretol 3 times since being diagnosed Aug. 28th. I have now been on the same dose since mid-Dec. (1200mg/day), so I am happy that I have made it over 3 months on the same dose. I hope I don't have to increase again because I don't think I could function. I DO have breakthrough pain sometimes now, but not severe. Hopefully it will stay that way. Good luck to you!