Use of Pregabalin (Lyrica)

I have just discovered this Gov.uk article which was published in February this year. I take the maximum dose and have respiratory problems and i have NEVER been contacted by my GP surgery. PLEASE BE WARNED IF YOU TAKE THE DRUG PREGABALIN. I have just discovered this Gov.uk article which was published in February this year. I take the maximum dose and have respiratory problems and i have NEVER been contacted by my GP surgery regarding this.

Pregabalin (Lyrica): reports of severe respiratory depression

Pregabalin has been associated with infrequent reports of severe respiratory depression, including some cases without the presence of concomitant opioid medicines. Patients with compromised respiratory function, respiratory or neurological disease, renal impairment; those using concomitant central nervous system (CNS) depressants; and people older than 65 years might be at higher risk of experiencing these events and adjustments in dose or dosing regimen may be necessary.

From Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory

Published

18 February 2021

I was on it for 1 month 10 years ago from my neuro’s recco. It gave me permanent edema and it started destroying my eyesight. My GP said Lyrica should never have been approved. This stuff is poison.

I have been trying for years to get off Lyrica then another doctor says try Lyrica. i am so confused I don’t know what to do. There have always been issues with Pfizer as they have lied from the beginning. When you’re in pain you just kinda hang on. Just wish I could get a definite word on Lyrica.

Hello Faye

My GP has prescribed Amitriptyline in place of Lyrica. I have taken Lyrica for 12 years and it just doesn’t work anymore. I will try anything to help with the pain.

Elaine

I hope it works for you. As for me, amitriptyline caused severe depression and no significant pain relief. Lyrica has given me some relief, but it is hard to measure how much.

I take Lyrica with opioids, but luckily I do not have respiratory problems and I am under 40.

I take 200 mg twice a day, which is about as high as you can go, and it seems to relieve some pain, especially the frequent shocks I get. It has no help with migraines, but the stabbing and electric shocks have decreased.

I tried it briefly, just didn’t work. My TN came back after 11 years. Last Thursday I had pain in all 3 branches. I am on Trileptal now and it’s working thank God. Mark

Thank you for your response…tried Elavil years ago and went to another planet. Cannot take most of the antidepressants because of reactions to them, but if you can take it then perhaps you can get some benefit. Like you, I’ll try anything because the pain is so horrible. In fact, am discussing with my PC doctor what to try next.