Transdermal Therapeutics

I saw my neuro and he prescribed the following facial cream:

Ketamine 10%, Baclofen 2%, Gapapentin 6%, Imipramine 3%, Nifedipine 2%, Tetracaine 2%. I apply 1 to 2 pumps (grams) to the affected area.

Has anyone used anything like this? I find that it helps just a tiny bit. I use 3-4 times a day. Any thoughts?

My pharmacist told me about this just the other day. I may ask about this next time I go to my neuro...........6 months unless needed before then. If it helps, I would use it! Does is smell?

No, it does not smell.

Unde the groups tab - there is a Topical Meds group who might have used this

I have only used lidocaine cream and lidocaine patches -- patches work best for me - stronger and longer

Ketamine is a VERY powerful drug

I'm glad it helps you a little bit -- some people are alergic to some of these things.

I've been using this concoction for about 8 years. I only use it when things get really bad, my muscle tightens up and the main is immeasurable. I used to use it more regularly, and it does work. Mine is not exactly the same, but has ketamine 10; Balcofen 2; Gabapentin 6; and some kind of buphocaine (sp?)... I started a group on here entitled "rx creme for facial pain"... or something like that a year or more ago.

This is my 13th year with TN and AD. I've had Gama Knife and an MVD that failed miserably. I have genocular (ear) pain, mandibular pain an then some octipal pain that I got after the MVD. Its a numb yet painful.

I'm doing so much better than I was. I was relying solely on narcotic pain meds and when I began having opiate induced pain, I knew I couldn't live that way. I had gained about 70 lbs. That is the most horrible pain. So, in 2010, I stopped with the opiates, and now I'm taking Tramadol, along with Gabapentin (2400mg/day);and, I'm back down to my normal weight. However, I tried a multitude of meds some of which included Tegretol, Cymbalta, Lyrica, and the side effects and no relief were enough to make me modify those meds. Today I am doing well, I function well and if I need a narcotic, I can take one, but I try not to go down the path where I take them on a daily basis. You can read more about my case throughout the site.

I hope this finds you feeling better. However sick this sounds, it's nice to know we're not alone.

I am not sure what my compound blend but I have found that it offers little relief. The lidocaine patch does better for me.