Three years pain free!

I just decided to stop by to offer hope to others that are going through the pain of TN. I stopped all my meds over three years ago and after a couple of months I gradually stopped having attacks. The one thing that I know for certain that I changed was taking diet pop out of my diet. I didn't do it for TN but decided it wasn't a healthy choice. It may be a coincidence but I won't take one sip of it ever again since I have been pain free for a few years now.

When I said I was going to stop my meds I was told that it would only make things get even worse but it certainly wasn't the case for me. As always I think each person has to decide for themselves what they can handle. For me the meds were worse than having the pain as I hated the groggy feeling. I can't say for certain that I will be pain free forever just as I have no idea how it started in the first place but just felt like posting a message of hope as I still remember how hard it was when I was in the midst of the painful attacks.

I never drink diet or regular soda, though I have when in teens. But I definitely have pain. I would trade groggy for pain right now. I can barely get enough water to my mouth for my heart pill. I can barely get a few bites of food in my mouth. So not much to give up Water and soup. I think it a good thing I am 68 so I wont have so long to deal with it.

Sheila are you still pain free?