Surgery

Not having a good day, I was taken oxcarbazephine for my pain Doctor suggested no more the 4 tablet a day but I was taken 8 tablets a day because it help, my skin broke out into a rash. Doctor said I was intoxicating my body with the large amount of medication. I don’t know what to do she change me back to Gabapentin and to reduce my dosage of the oxcarbazephine to the 4 pills a day again. The Gabapentin make my nerve tense up. Also I am pending surgery in June but I have the pain on both side. I can swear that the left side causes more pain than the right side sends me an attack and I am remind how much pain it cause me to. I just don’t know what to do.

You have until next month. I know it's hard to do, but try to just concentrate on that. Keep your eye on the prize at the end of this pain. God bless you and BIG HUGS to you. Remember, just one more month!

i know everyone is different but my doctor had me on oxcarbazepine and baclofen together. I didn't like side effects but it helps the pain.

Thank you for your comments. I am going crazy right know my surgery is June 17th and I have the pain on both sides.

I know it is hard. I am trying to hang in there too. My pain is not on both sides though. I’m having my surgery on the 24th. We should check in on each other.

Sure that would be great do you live near Houston? Your right about the meds and there side effects some day I think the side effect bring me more down then the pain. Its been a crazy ride I just want it to be over. How long have you had it?

I had my surgery and i have no face pain. But please advise how to get the stuffiness out my ears. I don't have any face pain but i do have numbness on left side. I want to suggest if you had the surgery and are having trouble resting take a bacldfen 10mg pill before bed.... if you have some or ask your doctor. I stop taken the oxcarbazpine right after i got home from the hospital. They gave me Narco for pain but it did not help as much as the bacldfen because i could not feel pain as i slept.