Ssdi

Someone recently told me to apply for SSDI. I never thought about it as an option because I do want to work. I just received a degree in Science and am dying to get started. Also I heard with TN its impossible to get approved. Anyone else tried or know anything about this?

I don't think this is something I want to do. However the information might be helpful for others who need it.

Hi Kate1978,

first let me say how sorry I am that your having such a difficult time, its a monster sweetie. Red Lawhern (moderator) I believe posted something about filing for disability, caught this when I was browsing. Not sure what it was titled under you can always message him. So you say you just finished school with a degree in Science, congrats !. hope that helps and wish you the best .

My Best

Joanne

Thanks Joanne! I will have to look for that post!

I think it can be found under the resources or face pain info tab

I applied in jan and just got denied for it but I can appeal it and would have to hire a lawyer its a pain in the butt

Hiring a lawyer for an appeal is easy, no payment up front, they take a portion of what you win. I applied for disability a month or so ago. there are a lot of trick questions on there that can rule you out on the first try. I did a lot of research and hopefully didn't miss any, although I made a huge typo on the date I left my last job due to TN. Luckily they sent me about fourty more pages to fill out and I could repair it there and add it in the remarks. I have a lawyer already on stand-by if I'm denied, she thought I had a good case. Won't cost anything to try. Just filling out the paperwork is a pain in the butt...you've done the hard part..don't give up now. Good luck to you and me too.

Get on the disability page, there are people there who have been approved. We also have some lawyers who have answered questions. "not Afraid's" got things to click on to help with filing for disability. SSDI may not be permanent, you just have to be off work for one year because of TN.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope your appeal goes well! best of luck!

jstagrl29 said:

I applied in jan and just got denied for it but I can appeal it and would have to hire a lawyer its a pain in the butt

When someone mentioned I may end up having to apply for SSI I was livid. I can't do that, I can work I am a health care professional. You know what TN dosen't give a FIG NEWTON what you do or who you are! I first got TN 18 months ago, I would read how it would come back and I kept telling myself not me. Last year around the holidays I got off my meds because this was more than remission I thought, I am starting a new job. Well, first of all not the type of job I should have taken but I was convinced TN was gone..... NOT, first tingles on the side of my face, headaches, dull jaw, eye pain, ....stress, 3 hour commutes....stress, staring at a screen 8 hours....stress,.... TN back 3 weeks now. Dr. has me back on oxcarbazepine and effexor for the depression, flexeril, xanex. I hate this. I am out of work again trying to use short term disability for work paying for all my meds, bills with credit cards.I have been told I may not qualify for the short term than what. Frustrated, and tired of people looking at you from the outside thinking your trying to get a free ride. sorry i think i just vented all over the place. I wish you luck stick to your dreams!

tnjourney said:

When someone mentioned I may end up having to apply for SSI I was livid. I can't do that, I can work I am a health care professional. You know what TN dosen't give a FIG NEWTON what you do or who you are! I first got TN 18 months ago, I would read how it would come back and I kept telling myself not me. Last year around the holidays I got off my meds because this was more than remission I thought, I am starting a new job. Well, first of all not the type of job I should have taken but I was convinced TN was gone..... NOT, first tingles on the side of my face, headaches, dull jaw, eye pain, ....stress, 3 hour commutes....stress, staring at a screen 8 hours....stress,.... TN back 3 weeks now. Dr. has me back on oxcarbazepine and effexor for the depression, flexeril, xanex. I hate this. I am out of work again trying to use short term disability for work paying for all my meds, bills with credit cards.I have been told I may not qualify for the short term than what. Frustrated, and tired of people looking at you from the outside thinking your trying to get a free ride. sorry i think i just vented all over the place. I wish you luck stick to your dreams!

I understand your point. I have the same views as you about TN, ssdi and ppls views of our situation!

I am a licensed dietitian and with all the meds I second guess everything I do. I took a lesser job supposely less stress and money and was stressful in a bunch of different ways. I am frustrated I have always had good appraisals and now I am perceived as a hypochondriac. My months of remission were great I really great and I hope to see them again.I was even scheduled for my 4 5k obstacle run this weekend which I obviously can't do. Maybe August will be different who knows. I hope you have success in surfing through the process it does take energy. Whooo hoo look at me in November last year.

345-muddiva.jpg (132 KB)