Scented candles

Has anyone ever tried having scented candles around to help with pain?

Yes. I’ve used essential oil lavender scented candles as secondary therapy with migraines. I light one on the nightstand and lay down when things are particularly bad. I’ve done it with ATN flares as well.

I tend to think it’s more the effort of relaxing then the scent candle itself, but, it’s all a cocktail anyway and any part that lends a hand is more than welcomed.

Thank you so much for responding to me. My daughter is getting a kit to make candles and she was asking me if it might help with my pain. I’m glad it helps you. I like to try things other than pills!

Hi MJ12, I use essential oils (of course 100% real and natural, not “fragrance oils”) to help calm my nerves. I mix lavender & lemon essential oils with water in a spray bottle and spray every time I need to calm my mind (which is often lately!), especially at night. I find it helps me sleep (which it’s known to do generally).

Candles that throw a lot of scent may be fragranced with artificial compounds – so, not aromatherapy, but if the scent/look is pleasing and calming to you, it can’t do any harm and in fact probably can help with your state of mind.

Please let us know how it goes. :slight_smile: