Scared and not sure if it is normal

I have noticed 10 weeks after my MVD surgery that my scar keeps forming little hard crusties and I keep removing them and they keep coming back is that normal? Also my left side of my head where the surgery was is still so sore not just around the incision but neck and more to the back of my left side , somedays can't even touch it has anyone else had that. ?

Thank you

CLH

Hello, I am not sure about the crusties but pain in your head is normal. You will esperience pain in your head for a while. Mine is still sensitive at times and my last MVD was in November. My doctor told me that it will take a full year to fully recover from the surgery. Hang in and hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Thanks Donna

Did you have two MVD's?

I had a lumbar puncture and tests on Monday and when they were taking the first set of pictures she said she didn't need to finish the full minutes on them because she seen what she need to (not sure what that meant but left me wondering forsure) then they asked me to come back 24 hours later and took more pictures and that technician said I have a CFS leak and they had to find exactly where it was coming from. So I am worried but if you have the same pain and it has taken you this long and you still feel it well, it does set my mind a bit at ease. THey said it takes up to a week to get the results back so waiting I can't help but wondering because my twitching has got worse them before my surgery. ONce again thank you for sharing it does help!

You are welcome! Yes, I did have two MVDs. I had one in Aug 2011 and I was symptome free for 1 wekk then pain came back. I had 2nd in Nov 2011 and my pain was never completly gone but the pain level was much less. I felt I could live with that because it was tolerable. My pain came back Easter weekend and hasnt stopped. It has been really bad. I feel like I have been worse than before my first surgery. I am having the cyberknife on Tuesday and am really hoping this will do it. They told me my pain will get worse at first then should get better. I hope this will put a end to all this. I hope you don’t have a CFS leak. Do they have to go back in for that? I wish you the best and hope you get good newss!!!

Good Luck Donna with the Cyberknife procedure, I am sure it will work for you. I have never heard of that here in Canada but I think I might check into it.

And yes they told me I do have a CFS leak forsure but they didn't know if it was coming from the bone or inside. (not sure this sound right but this is what myhusband and I got out of it)

I am not sure if it is coming from the bone I was told they could put me on steroids but if it is coming from inside he said the worst would be redoing the MVD surgery.. SO I am just waiting to hear.. Once again good luck on Tuesday