Post MVD hearing loss

Any post-MVD’rs out there lose hearing partially or temporary a week or so after being discharged from the hospital?

I’ve partially lost hearing in my non-MVD ear - cant hear soft sounds like fingers rubbing together, high pitches such as my young kids voices either whistle or sound digitized, but the feels fine. Meanwhile my right (MVD) ear has a ton of pressure on it but I can hear fine out of it

Hey Albee, I messaged you back last night..but I wanted to note it here too. I lost hearing in my right ear for two weeks after the surgery, it was fluid in the ear from the position I was in and I have narrow ear canals to boot. One round of steriods helped but I forgot to mention to you that I also used a sinus spray (nasonex) as well. It took about two weeks before I could start hearing again. Its annoying as all hell..hang in there buddy

Wendy

I know this is an older posting, but I had MVD surgery just under 2 weeks ago and about 2 days ago started feeling the exact same things, it started with both ears feeling a little muffled at times, but today my non-MVD ear is echoing or digitizing high-pitches. I wanted to see how your heating is now that you have had more time to recover.

Thanks!

This is very interesting because I had the same exact thing. I am 17 days post op now, but at about day 7 post op I got the non MVD ear digitized echoing thing as well (only for the high pitched sounds too). I really thought I was a bit nuts as I had not read about problems with the "other ear". Anyway, with me, it is about 90% gone now. I hope that yours resolves quickly as well because it is really a frustrating sensation. All the best. Kassie

mcschub said:

I know this is an older posting, but I had MVD surgery just under 2 weeks ago and about 2 days ago started feeling the exact same things, it started with both ears feeling a little muffled at times, but today my non-MVD ear is echoing or digitizing high-pitches. I wanted to see how your heating is now that you have had more time to recover.

Thanks!

Go to your ENT

Mine had me do a run of prednisone and hearing issues were gone the first week

My hearing (and other senses) are stronger before I got TN :slight_smile: