Pollen

I HAD SURGERY IN 2009. HAVE BEEN PAIN FREE EXCEPT WHEN THE POLLEN IS BAD. THE PAIN NOT BAD BUT I KNOW IT'S THERE. DOES ANY ONE ELSE HAVE PROBLEM WITH POLLEN BRINGING ON THE PAIN?

CHUCK GRANT

75-MMHE_06_096_02_eps.jpg (15.2 KB)

Hi Chuck, yes I do and its funny you say it because I only recently realised it was the pollen doing it! I cut the grass the other day and the awful scratchiness and lump in the throat just got worse and worse, it settled down after a few hours once I was away from the grass. Am definitely bringing it up with my Doctor as with high-hayfever season practically here now, I am dreading the summer! I am lucky that I live in the UK as it is not so hot and sunny all the time that my hayfever is very bad, just more when the sun is out.

What brings yours on, is there anything that normally keeps your allergies away? I have heard a nose pin is supposed to help, but wonder how ridiculous we'd all be wearing nose pins!

Hope you are coping!

who did your surgery? im in florida. How did you prove the neuralgia

CHUCK GRANT said:

DR. NEIMAT. HE IS AT VANDERBILT UNI. ph. 615-322-7417. I WENT 12 YEARS BEFOR ANY ONE NEW WHAT I WAS EVEN TALKING ABOUT WHEN I TRIED TO EXPLAIN THE PAIN I WAS HAVING. DR. NEIMAT IS THE FIRST ONE WHO KNEW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

elaine48 said:

who did your surgery? im in florida. How did you prove the neuralgia

Yes, I have also noticed that when the pollen is high, the pain is worse. My take on this is that when my head is congested, there is more pressure on the things that hurt…like my eardrum. I just returned from my GP doctor because I am congested and in pain…he said my ears look great, throat and nose look great, a fullness that I feel on my neck on the affected side is a muscle, not a swollen gland. But I do know that if I’m having hay fever, the pain is worse.

CHUCK GRANT said:

TODAY I SEEM TO BE GETTING WORSE. DON'T KNOW IF A CRETIN POLLEN IS DOING IT OR IS A COMBINATION OF MANY. THE STICKS ARE NOT BAD BUT I KNOW THEIR THERE. SINCE MY OPERATION THE PAIN IS BEARABLE. SOME TIMES I HAVE NO PAIN. ITS BEEN TWO YEARS SINCE I HAVE EXPERIENCED ANY PAIN. NOW ITS BACK. MABY THIS TIME I WANT HAVE ANY SPASMS.

I have found that I am slightly allergic to dog dander. Had been getting ear infections, scratchy throat and coughing. So worried that it was my GN acting up 1yr. postop. Dr. Haines reassurred me it was not. However, I think these nerves are more sensitive since I never had problems with dogs before. Also, I’ve found it so important to stay hydrated so the throat stays less irritated. Thank God, I’m able to swallow again! I definitely feel that allergies can make this condition worse.