Pain

hi just wondering if stress brings on tn ive been in pain for past 2 months had sad news from family in dublin that my dad got a very bad form of cancer on his head he having opraction 9 april to try and remove it and then skin graft he also has deminchia.the doctor has giving me stronger dose of lyrcia to try and stop my tn but its not working the worst time is 6 in the morning its seems to go in stages of every few hours then it goes hope every one is ok xx

I am sorry to read this Lorraine, you are in my thoughts xx

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I want to tell you that stress is a huge factor for me. When I get stressed out I get anxiety and have trouble sleeping so the whole thing snowballs. You have to take of yourself and your health.

You are in my thoughts too. So sorry that your dad is ill.

It makes sense that stress would make thing whole TN nightmare so much worse. I just hurt regardless - whether I'm stressed or not. It is constant and always there and then I get waves of worse pain throughout the day. My getting upset or crying makes it worse, though. That I am confident of. I've been home from work this week, and I have to admit... I have a lot of pain and I have the waves of pain still... but I DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY about adding a stressful job on top of things. I am having a few "good hours" where I actually can focus on something at home and get something done rather than being in pain AND trying to focus on complex work issues. I don't know for sure if stress makes TN worse, but I can say that it makes me less negatively reactive to it. I find if I can just focus on one thing at a time, I'm much better off. I'm really sorry about what you are going through and that your dad is struggling. Hang in there and focus on one day at a time.