Olive Leaf

Has anyone tried that Olive leaf and lysine combo that someone had mentioned quite a while ago?

I have used it for cold sores (didn’t help.) I would think rather than HELPING TN it would either do nothing or for a few make it worse. Lysine is an amino acid lacking in most Vegan diets (you can get some from legumes (beans, peas, and lentils) and prolly more effectivley than supplements. Your body doesn’t make it. More isn’t better the body will get rid of excess USUALLY at night and I make enough trips as it is.

My concern is that Lysines job is to help the body absorb calcium, and form collagen. One of the more successful TN drugs is Gabapentin which is a calcium channel blocker. Is it possible someone got it backwards and then disappeared??? I haven’t heard anything about it.

Hi-So does that mean the gabapentin is bad for us menopausal ladies with osteopenia?I am vegetarian.I eat cheese .I wonder if my osteopenia is from the gabapentin?I have been on it for a long time-From about 50 onwards.basically to help with hot flashes at night while I was working.Always figured once I retired I would be able to get off it.Not increase it.
I do not understand the chemistry.

I think the Lysine connection is related to the fact that the Herpes Simplex virus (cold sores) likes to reside in the trigeminal nerve, so may in some way be related to Tn and hence if you suppress the Herpes it may help the Tn.
Basically Herpes likes/needs Arginine for reproduction, but the Lysine competes for the same active sites, so if you keep the Lysine balance slightly higher, it should suppress the virus outbreak faster. Link below explaining a bit:http://www.drdeborahmd.com/solutions-herpes-simplex-type-2

We did include Lysine powder as part of our treatment, can’t really say whether it had any benefits.

Don’t know anything about the Olive Leaf extract, but I do remember the post you refered to.

I’m the guy that shared the olive leaf and lysine combo.

After being pain free for nearly 18 months, I had two shocks in the last several days after getting a severe ear infection from water ski-ing. Went back on the olive leaf, and also visiting the upper cervical chiropractor who I hadn’t seen for months.

Not sure if olive leaf kills off the virus in the nerves, or just suppresses it, or if there’s something to the Lysine suppressing it. The more people that try it and post results, the better chance we have of figuring this out.

I am personally very convinced a virus in the nerve is the cause…question is how to get rid of it or suppress to the point it doesn’t cause problems.

So thankful I’ve never needed to touch a drug or get surgery.

Hi George
Thanks for the update.
Amazing.
I am so glad you are a warrior.
Can you please tell me how much olive leaf and how you make it?Is it a tea?
I have the lysine capsules.
I don’t think I have trigeminal neuralgia,but neuropathic pain ,but am willing to try.
Thanks again

Hi Ellen,
I had detailed what I took in this thread. I took it in powdered form in capsules that I filled

Blessings,
George

Hello to all and Happy Holidays!
I had left side MVD surgery just over 1 year ago and I considered it a success- no pain/no meds.
At approximately 1 year, I ended up developing “cold symptoms” along with a “cold sore”- left side. Within 1 week of my symptoms, I began getting shocks and pain to my upper left lip and inner left palate. Considering the herpes virus lives in the trigeminal nerve, I went to my primary care physician and discussed my history. I asked her for a prescription to treat the onset of the herpes virus. She prescribed Valtrex 2000mg with onset of new cold sore and 12 hours later 2000mg. I also went back to the neurologist for meds (just in case) but also asked for a prophylactic prescription for Valtrex. He prescribed Valtrex 500mg daily. I began to take the 500mg daily immediately.
I dont believe it was 2 weeks later and I started to develop another cold sore. I took 2000mg waited 12 hours, took another 2000mg and continued to take my daily dose. The pain has completely subsided-GONE (within 2 weeks of treatment).
Now I realize this is not the cure all for TN but I do believe the herpes virus in the trigeminal nerve is somehow involved.
I wish you all a pain free life!
kathy

I believe you.I cannot get any help for all the sores on my face.I got a
bacterial script,but nothing for virus.I really,really want something for
virus,but not having much luck.
I tried the Olive leaf protocol but either a new med I was trying or the
olive leaf left me pretty sick.
New year soon and will start again once this thing I have living in me lets
me./Went tp Urgent Care yesterday but they could not see anything in blood
work to make me so sick.
Thanks for your info.I hope you posted so all can see.

Hello to all and Happy Holidays!
I had left side MVD surgery just over 1 year ago and I considered it a success- no pain/no meds.
At approximately 1 year, I ended up developing “cold symptoms” along with a “cold sore”- left side. Within 1 week of my symptoms, I began getting shocks and pain to my upper left lip and inner left palate. Considering the herpes virus lives in the trigeminal nerve, I went to my primary care physician and discussed my history. I asked her for a prescription to treat the onset of the herpes virus. She prescribed Valtrex 2000mg with onset of new cold sore and 12 hours later 2000mg. I also went back to the neurologist for meds (just in case) but also asked for a prophylactic prescription for Valtrex. He prescribed Valtrex 500mg daily. I began to take the 500mg daily immediately.
I dont believe it was 2 weeks later and I started to develop another cold sore. I took 2000mg waited 12 hours, took another 2000mg and continued to take my daily dose. The pain has completely subsided-GONE (within 2 weeks of treatment).
Now I realize this is not the cure all for TN but I do believe the herpes virus in the trigeminal nerve is somehow involved.
I wish you all a pain free life!
kathy

Im not sure how to post for all to read.

Hi KM1
It looks like all can see.If you hit the blue button at the bottom then every one who has responded in the thread will get an e-mail.That’s how I think it works.
I am so glad you posted.
It almost makes me want to kiss someone with active herpes so that I can try anti-virals.(just kidding modsupport)
Olive leaf next year I guess.

Hi KM1. When you post in any of the open discussion categories, including this one ‘Complimentary Therapies’, your posts will be visible to all members.

Members may or may not be emailed about new posts, it depends on what kind of notification they’ve opted for. If you go to your avatar at the top right-hand corner of the screen and click on it, you’ll see a little cog symbol. Click on that and then on ‘Notifications’ to see the options. Sometimes people (for example, me) go for years without realising they have such options!

And hey, @ellen5, Mod Support are now in melt down worrying about your unconventional approach to seeking treatment. You have single-handedly ruined our Christmas! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Christina from Mod Support

hanging around under the mistletoe.
Toothless old lady with facial hair
I don’t think you guys have a thing to worry about.
Except the Canadian health care system.
The real lottery in Canada

1 Like