Okay, really? REALLY?

So there I am, sailing along, a year out from my right sided MVD and totally pain free when all of a sudden.....*bzzzt*...what the....*bzzt*bzzt*....what the heck is that on my left side? Wait a minute.....nah.....it can't be....

And yeah, just a shade over a year out from my right MVD and my frickin LEFT trigeminal nerve decides it feels unloved and ignored and wants in on the action. Compared to the pain I had with the right side this is relatively minor, however I really don't want to let this get to the point the right side was at, so back to my neuro and neurosurgeon I go. Currently waiting on a prescription for Lyrica since the Neurontin and Tegretol I took last year were as effective as eating M&M's and am scheduled for an MRI next week. Part of me hopes there isn't a compression and this is just an annoying passing issue, another part of me hopes there's a monster compression going on in there and hey, let's forgo the meds that made you a zombie and did nothing but eat and just take you straight to the OR. The question I keep getting asked is "You have it on the OTHER side now? Can that HAPPEN???" Well, um, yeah, I'm sort of living proof.

This is so not how I wanted to spend my Halloween......

Wow, I am 2 months plus post mvd without pain, and it freaks me out to think that this can come back. I don't know how your surgery was but it wasn't the easiest thing I have ever gone thru, especially that first 24-48 hrs. It is a passing memory but still not something I would want to do again, but I would if I knew that I could potentially have lasting relief. Who did your surgery, where was it done, how many has he done, did he use the minimally invasive approach with the 3.5mm endoscope. I read about so many failed mvd's that it makes me wonder why some work and others the patients come out with minimal results and in some cases different symptoms than when they went in or worsening of their condition. Isn't it curious that placing a Teflon barrier between a nerve and blood vessel would result in such varied responses. It makes me wonder if the pad moves or if most of the damage is done entering and exiting the cranial nerve site. It would be interesting to get a neuro surgeons explanation who has done a large number of these. At any rate, keep us informed as to your next move and what your neurologist has to say.

My thoughts and prayers go out!!

Jay in North Idaho

((( mojo ))) sending hugs and positive thoughts!
I have bilateral TN, even doctors have questioned it as literature states it is rare…but I have had it since 2002, and it really isn’t as rare as the outdated literature says…
I hope low dose Lyrica helps manage the pain for you…
Mimi xx