Neurontin/Gabapentin or Lyrica - Which do you find better?

This question is mosty for those of you who have been on both Neurontin/Gabapentin and Lyrica. Which drug worked better for your symptoms and which had more acceptable side effects?

Thank you,

Oldriska

Neither one worked for me, they both made my cheek burning worst than ever, I tryed Gabapentin 300 mg, 1 pill, then 2 pills, then three pills, all nite it was on every 3 to 5 minutes for 20 to 30 seconds, the higher the dose I took, the worst it got. Then Neuro gave me Lyrica 50 mg and same thing happend.

I am on Gabapentin (300 mg tablets) I take 3-4 tablets 3x a day. I have been very happy with this as there are no side effects. I did not like the way I felt when I was on Lyrica.

I've only been on Lyrica (sent me into deep depression...bad side effects for me). Now I'm just finishing going to full dose of Neurotin/gabepentin. I take 300mg am 300mg afternoon & 600mg pm. had 5 very painful days last week while increasing . I'm at a day 1/2 of just occasional pain. it's making me sleepy foggy headed and getting lots of heart palpitations. Going back to Neuo Thursday to see whats next...

Cymbalta as I heared is not the answer but in some extant effective the best I guess is a mix of meds