Neurologist help?

Hi everybody,

I am wondering, I live in Iowa and have been doctoring in South Dakota. He has told me that basically he is not optimistic about any procedure working for me. I have Atypical TN. My question to all of you is, since I am from Iowa I could maybe try Mayo. I have been trying to research a doctor there to help me, but I can not seem to find one that specializes in it. I am really frustrated with this. I am even thinking of going to Iowa City. But again, when I search I cannot find a dr. I was wondering if there is anyone in the group that lives close to Iowa or has maybe been to either of the hospitals. I would appreciate any feedback...Even if it further than Mayo or Iowa City. Thanks Everyone.

Hope all is well,

Billie

Hi Billie-

I live in Iowa too, Des Moines, and I go to the Mary Greeley Medical Center in Ames. They have a neurology clinic there. I see Dr. Naluri. He's the only doctor to ever give me a diagnosis, and be concerned about it working. You could try it? Since you've been going to S. Dakota, I assume you must be in NW IA, so this may not work for you. But, it's a suggestion -- and not as far as Iowa City!

Best of luck!

Marcy

Thanks Marcy…ye I am in NW Iowa…and I love my neurologist and surgeon, I was just thinking maybe I should get another opinion on things…idk…I know I have ATN and I know what the procedures are and I know that Mayo would give me the same options…so…Thanks for the suggestion tho :slight_smile:

During my browsing around on the internet I am certain I have seen some stuff coming from the Mayo clinic. If you aren’t finding what you need on line - give them a call and see what they have to say!

thanks Elaine…I have browsed also and my neurosurgeon in SD has also called about my case. And the surgeon there also said he would give me the same options. So I guess I was really thinking of going just to be certain…I always have a hope deep down that there has to be something different, but I am afraid that there isnt which in turn scares me to hear it again…Thanks for your input tho

Im from Iowa too, Des Moines as well. I am looking for a good doc. Did this Dr. Naluri ever recommend surgery, or are you just treating it with pain meds?

Watch this video

Google

The tides of neuropathic pain

Dr ken casey

Its 2 hrs… Many here got educated well from this video

He gives the answers to patients on ATN for MVD

he IS one of the godfathers of TN / MVD

Most instances

Do not have gamma first…then go try MVD…

Learn all you can!

Learn about topicals,

Learn how many procedures on patients that were a good outcome!

Leave no stone unturned!

I agree with Looking at Dr. Casey from Michigan. He has been my doctor for 5 years now and I am from North Dakota. It’s worth the flight out there. I have been having lidocaine infusions and its been a miracle how much better my pain is!!!