Mvd scheduled - now feels very real

Hi, I have been contacted today to have my MVD op done at Walton Liverpool on the 6th Sep - Saturday surgery lucky me. Has anyone else had it done here? If so what was your experience? It feels very real now there is a date attached to it! Beginning to panic slightly.

Yay for you to have your surgery scheduled! I had an MVD 8 months ago and am 100% pain and med free! It's probably the best decision I ever made in my life and I am so grateful I took that leap of faith. I researched so much, knew a ton, and went to one of the very best neurosurgeons for my MVD but it was still a leap of faith on my part. It's great that you have a couple of months to prepare your body for major surgery. I scheduled my MVD three months out (mainly for scheduling reasons on my side) and I spent that time on an anti-inflammatory diet to get my body ready. It paid off because my recovery was really quite easy. I was back to walking 4 days after surgery and jogging and "spinning" just a few weeks out. I recovered my energy much sooner than I thought. I also had no problems at all with common after surgery situations like constipation, etc. You can look up a lot of information on respected health websites about how to prepare your body for major surgery. Best wishes to you!