Mvd failing and getting more pain

Why (opinion) do mvd fails and can the pain be worse than it was before the mvd and whu?

Oh my! You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that your Dr can find a good solution for you.
Tiffanie

Tiffanie

I have not had a mvd yet I just wanted to get peoples thoughts that have I am very nervous about getting one and it causing more pain. Dr. Casey will be the one that will do it

tiffanie said:

Oh my! You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that your Dr can find a good solution for you.
Tiffanie

Ayre, you are in good, no, great hands!! Dr Casey did my MVD on 6/12/13. I felt so confident in him and the while team there at Oakwood. He saw the vessel on my MRI when no one else did. I was and still am curious as to what the long term outcome will be. Only time will tell. I feel that in the right experienced hands the MVD is our ( TN patients) best option. I feel that Dr Casey will be honest about each individual case. If for some reason there are circumstances that complicate things.
Surgery is what it is, however, the team had so many sensors monitoring every vital blip and beep. I felt very safe. I can compare it to 4 different surgeries (non- TN) at 2 different hospitals, and, by far Casey and the staff at Oakwood were top notch.
I urge you to not focus on the negatives, that is what the Dr is for. A positive mind will get you far!
Keep in touch!!
Tiffanie

Tiffanie offers some excellent thoughts. Dr.Casey and the entire team are highly experienced in this procedure and you made the right choice to have him do the surgery. And as Tiffanie said, "Focus on the positives". Imagine what your life will be without pain and on no medication. Visualize doing the activities you enjoy without the fear of an event striking. Visualize how different and better your life will be one year from now. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

I had my MVD last October for TN and ATN, and I will be honest and say the pain got worse before it got better. I had horrible tooth pain after the surgery, and it was pretty bad for about 6 weeks. It took about 3 months before it went away. I still have some pain, but I have a very very rare neurological disorder/autoimmune disorder that the neurologists that I am working with feel caused my TN and they are very confident that once I am treated (waiting on insurance ok) that I will be 100% pain free. Its actually not bad now, on a scale of 1 -10 or kill me now (that was the pain I had pre-surgery_ its only a 2 and only occasional for a few minutes a day.

I think, since I have this rare disorder it made recovery and the nerves take longer than most to settle down, I really think your experience will be much better, and I have heard nothing bad at all about Dr. Kasey so I think you are in excellent hands. I went to one of the top neurosurgeons in the country as you are doing, and I truly believe that is what you need to do to have a succesful MVD.

Keep us posted

Wendy

Thank you for all your comments I have decided to have the mvd I will keep you posted!!! Hope to have the procedure done mid july

Wendy did your tn start of type 2 and then went to type 1 or have you had a mix of pain

crashgirl said:

I had my MVD last October for TN and ATN, and I will be honest and say the pain got worse before it got better. I had horrible tooth pain after the surgery, and it was pretty bad for about 6 weeks. It took about 3 months before it went away. I still have some pain, but I have a very very rare neurological disorder/autoimmune disorder that the neurologists that I am working with feel caused my TN and they are very confident that once I am treated (waiting on insurance ok) that I will be 100% pain free. Its actually not bad now, on a scale of 1 -10 or kill me now (that was the pain I had pre-surgery_ its only a 2 and only occasional for a few minutes a day.

I think, since I have this rare disorder it made recovery and the nerves take longer than most to settle down, I really think your experience will be much better, and I have heard nothing bad at all about Dr. Kasey so I think you are in excellent hands. I went to one of the top neurosurgeons in the country as you are doing, and I truly believe that is what you need to do to have a succesful MVD.

Keep us posted

Wendy

Ayre- congrats! You are in good hands! Keep us posted.
Regards- Tiffanie

Ayre, that’s great! Having an mvd was the best decision I’ve ever made. I hope you will feel the same way. Please keep us updated! (( hugs )) Mimi