MRI Results

Yesterday I had an appt. w/my neuro to review brain MRI results. First of all, let me preface by saying on my gabapentin I am terrible at catching exact wording sometimes. He said something to the effect of that my tn was visible on my MRI just like the one I had 2 yrs. ago. My old neuro never mentioned that 2 yrs. ago so I thought it wasn't visible. At the time, I hadn't found LWTN, so I didn't know what to expect.

I did ask for a written copy of the results and wondering if anyone recognizes the wording from their own MRI's?

"There are vessels crossing the intracisternal portion of the fifth cranial nerve which usually is of no clinical significance. There is a vessel abutting but not touching the inferior margin of the left fifth cranial nerve root entry zone."

It's funny, the new neuro actually has mentioned MVD but says it is so extreme and we are still easily managing my tn with medication. Somehow having confirmation of the compression, if it can be seen, just gives me validation...like it is not all in my head. Too often, it seems like people don't believe us or think we are over reacting. I JUST in the past couple of months got my mother to accept that it is a serious thing. She always dismissed it as stress from work.

I had a MRI in 2012 saw 3 Neurologist and the report says nothing about a compression No one until I went to the Neuro surgeon said it was obvious that I had a compression of the trigeminal nerve I do not understand it my self. I am also kind of mad and a little frustrated

Until I found LWTN I did not know that a compression would even be visible, or even what it was. I'm guessing our neuros are (incorrectly) assuming we do not know much and don't bother sharing information. Did you get your disc as well as the report? I am starting a collection, lol. So far, 4 discs.

An MVD for many of us is not extreme

Living with a progressive

Monster

Is extreme!

Keep searching your best plan!

I learnd that only from being on LWTN. Unfortunately for the surgery aspect I am tn2, Pretty much would only trust Dr. Casey if/when it comes down to that. My new neuro keeps having me come back once a month to adjust my meds which is ridiculous. Finally he is sending me for testing on my nerve pain in my arms & legs.

Casey can TELL YOU…you the odds of more %

Life satisfaction around 65 % better with MVD with ATN

IN the right hands.

: )