Medicine update

Hi, all. I hope everyone is feeling well today. I was finally able to get some answers from my neurologist's office on my medicine request. They did up my tramadol up by 50mg per day. So, now I am taking 150 mg per day along with the Lyrica 400mg per day. Aside from some headaches/migraines over the last few weeks (it's almost daily on the headaches...which I believe is a side effect of the Lyrica) my TN pain has been much better. It does seem that when we do have a change in the weather pattern I do experience more TN pain (I live in Indiana...the weather changes quite often here!!)

I am pretty aggravated that it took 3 phone calls over 3 days to get a simple yes or no on having the tramadol increased. They have frequently told me that they are more than happy to work with me over the phone on any medicine changes that I request because they want me to be as pain free as possible. I have only called a few times with requests...1 of which was because I was having an allergic reaction to tegretol (rash from head to toe). I am certainly not a pill junkie looking for a fix. I want and need to feel ok. I have 3 kids that keep me very busy that I need to be there for. When I am in extreme pain I want and need to hide from everyone and everything. I have only heard great things about this neurologist so I am not ready to give up on them. Maybe this was just a fluke. I really hope so.

I really do hope everyone is doing great! Love and peace to each of you!

I hope you are feeling okay and good enough to be with your kids. Tramadol works for me too. I take it in the afternoon between gabapentin doses and it boosts me enough to get some work done and also go for a long walk. Also need it when I travel just to deal with vibration, etc. My neurologist whom I’ve only seen three times would rather I’d didn’t take it. My primary care physician whom I’ve been seeing for 14 years is fine with me taking the maximum dosage if I want (which I don’t need). Pain clinic doc will prescribe whatever it takes to keep functioning. You don’t need to feel like a junkie. You just need to find your zone and be comfortable with that. You have the right to function and even thrive. Yay for mothers!

Good to read you have some relief :slight_smile:

A note about getting dr's to respond to phone calls.....My friend was making some calls for me and after asking that they get an answer to my question and give us a call back, she also said "so i can call back in what? 30 mins or so?" She politely, but forcefully, made clear that she was going to call back in 30 mins for an answer, and keep doing so until she got one for me.

I could never be that forward (i'm too nice, i guess)...but she was, and we got answers in that 30 mins. Just a thought....

Wishing you peace

~Mistee