Marihuana for medical use?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if any one living in the states where you can get a medical marihuana license (Canada and California come to mind, but I'm sure there are more) has ever tried to use the drug for TN? If so, with what results and could you compare it to the conventional medication that most people with TN use? Many thanks.

Although medical Marijuana is still legal in California, Federal authorities are still raiding growers and prosecuting them for violations of US federal law. In the limited reading I've been able to do on this issue in medical literature, I've seen evidence that some patients with neuropathic pain are helped by medical marijuana. But I've seen no comparative studies or trials that give us a baseline for assessing relative effectiveness in nerve pain.

Regards, Red

I have read on here and other sites of ancedotal stories that say it works ok or works well. Probably depending on the type or "medical grade"

Hello. I currently smoke a potent strand of marijuana. I have found that it does not give me any actual physical relief from pain, and sometimes, when the pain levels are a 6 and above it may actually trigger more pain. I also have experienced a few panic attacks while smoking, not like mentally freaking out, but rapid heart rate, trouble breathing, that sort of stuff. I brought the panic attack issue to my doctor and he informed me that the marijuana might actually be battling the anti-seizure meds and that is what causes the increased heart rate and feelings of panic. It's quite unfortunate because although smoking doesn't necessarily relieve the pain, it calms my mind and eases my stress, making it easier to deal with my pain and making it so that stress from the pain isn't occurring and causing more pain. SO, what I have done is played with my meds a lil bit so that I do not experience those panic attacks when I smoke. I know nothing regarding a license for the plant.