Looking For Help on a New Project: Masking The Pain

Hello,

I have started a blog, to try and accomplish a number of goals.

1) Retain what sanity I have left while unemployed and going to doctors

2) Spread awareness about TN and ATN

3) Share my results with my fellow fighters here

I am still not sure where I stand on #1, but I have made progress on #2 and I want to start #3. 2 months ago I started a blog called Masking The Pain at maskingthepain.com. For it, I being a type 2 sufferer, paint my face where it hurts, when I get break through pan (almost daily)

. I find it therapeutic, and brings some joy to an other wise joyless, harmful experience. I have begun wearing the pain masks in public. It shows my friends and family when I am having a really bad day (bigger painting.) It also gives me a reason to bring it up and teach strangers about it. Makes my invisible illness visible. It is also something to get up and do in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.

I was hoping anyone here who wants to could hop over to maskingthepain.com and check out my work and tell me what you think. maybe share your stories with me. If you feel like it and if you can touch you face I would love to post other peoples "mask art" or for you type 1's who shudder at the thought of putting a brush to your skin, I was thinking if you took a photo of yourself you could paint, or color that, and then send that to me, again, only if you want to.

If you do want to participate in "masking the pain" you can email me at ■■■■,message me on this site, comment at maskingthepain.com, or if you want to send a paper letter I can send you my address.

Thanks for checking out my work!

Erika

I love the creative way you are handling the affliction. If I didn't have a beard AND had some artistic ability I would join you. Fortunately meds are working for me now (only a week).

All the best

Tom

I just popped over to your blog and had a little wander around. I loved what I read! Good for you, girl for thinking outside the box!!

I too have ATN which takes strip every now and then into TN although luckily not for a while. I'm going to be devastated when I get a shock or when I realise the meat cleaver is back chopping into my tongue. Happy times!

I, like you, am a Chronic Insomniac. It's now been almost 20 years since i had a single good nights sleep. I don't remember what waking refreshed feels like! I also have severe arthritis in both knees and am on a waiting list to have my varicose veins done. I literally hurt from head to toe!!!!!!!!

Good luck with your future and keep writing.

Thank you both so much for your encouragement and support, I have been having fun and I want to share it. I forgot to add in my first post, I cant afford to register with the search engines, so Google wont bring up my site if you search for TN. Spreading awareness about TN is one of my goals, so if you think it is worth while and have people to share it with please share my work with others. I think my friends are getting tired of seeing it over and over, not that that will stop me...:) May your days be pain free!

I believe if your key words/ tags are appropriate, or regardless, but preferable, you will be indexed by the major search engines. You will need to make them appropriate to your content. Get it right, not easy, you will be there. All the best with your efforts.