Laying Down Makes TN Worst (feel pressure & pain)

I have to sleep propped up at night, I use 6 pillows otherwise I feel pressure/pain and discomfort in my head and my teeth will ache.

Does anyone else experience this ?

I understand your pain. I have to do that a lot of the time. I have ATN and before I had gamma knife done on my left side I could not lay flat at all. I can lay flat sometimes now. I still haave some pain in my left side but I am going to have the gamma knife in my right side in a couple of months. I am hoping after that I will be able to lay down all the time. Hang tough and remember it will NOT always be like this and that you can get help.

I also , since my TN came back I cannot lay flat I have a bed now that you can elevate and it has helped tremendously. I just have to try and sleep sitting up in it and then have break through pains in my sleep. So sorry , but I do understand, you are not alone

Hi Dallas,

No you're definitely not alone with this. I've had nights where I've ended up sleeping downstairs in a chair because of exactly what you described.

I hope things get better for you soon.

Hi, I’ve been sleeping in a recliner for years now. If I don’t, I will have bad headache pain and swelling…neither of which is worth it…I cave sometimes and sleep in a bed for like two hours. …and thats ALL it takes to make me swell. Lol