Just had Gamma radiation after failed MVD, has it worked for anyone else?

I just had a gamma radiation procedure after a MVD failure. I had the MVD in March of 14 and was pain free for 7 months when it came back with a vengeance. My neuro surgeon stated that he only found one large artery against to nerve and the MRI still shows the pads in place. So he recommended gamma. Yesterday I went through with the gamma radiation procedure. I was having intermittent pain throughout the head brace on. I have type 1 & 2 TN. My face was aflame as well. The Drs. stated it could be months before I truly know if this worked or not. Has anyone out there had this sequence of procedures and if so how long before you knew it helped?

I had the surgery at 16 and gamma knife last year at 39. I have a lot of burning in my face since gamma knife. I had relief for a few months but mine returned, the frequency of the shocks is less but when they hit now, takes me a minute to get okay again. They're strong. They do say it takes 6 months to a year. I'm past a year. But for some, they can repeat it if it helps. I hope it helps you. It numbed my face more but the doctor hit something and the use of my tongue has changed and so has the ability to smile without forcing my lips to move. They also hit the occipital nerve so I have pain from it now from time to time on the top of my head. So, not sure what happened. Wishing you the best of luck with it!