Just checking in

It's been quite a while since I have been here. I was diagnosed with a typical case of TN. It is hard for me to read your words and re-live that time in my life. It is very difficult to hear of your suffering, I wish there were more I could do. Please know I want more than anything for you all to be free of this. No one who has not experienced it can understand, not even those closest to us, or the doctors who treat us. I was never more afraid of anything than TN pain.

On a better note, it has been one year and almost two months since I have had TN pain. If you want to read about what I did, it is on my "my page". I think anyone can read it, let me know if I am wrong about that.

I would like to share with you some of the topics of research, and sites where I found helpful information and many answers. These are things that I did not know had anything to do with TN but now I know how they tie in. I was told at first the symptoms were from the meds I was on, but when I went off of them I still had the symptoms. There are so many wonderful, kind, helpful people out there that I am very grateful for.

Many of the symptoms for mercury, thyroid, adrenal fatigue, lyme disease, TN and even autism are the same.

Mercury poisoning/toxicity- brain fog, word problems, burning in my neck and many more, researching these symptoms led me to mercury first. there is a wealth of information online as well as facebook groups

Thyroid: I had a low temp. as well as other symptoms.Stop the thyroid madness website and facebook group great resources

Adrenals: After long term pain my adrenals were not working well, hormones all messed up. waking at 3 or 4 a.m. very disrupted sleep. most problems gone after treating thyroid and adrenals. If you google adrenal fatigue you will find lots of info. Stop the thyroid madness and facebook groups helped me the most.

Lyme disease: I had no idea this was my root problem in the beginning, it took a long time to figure out this was my problem and find a doctor that tests and treats it.

The most valuable lessons I have learned: There is no such thing as False Hope, hope is hope. Some of the things I had hope in at first did not turn out to be my answer, but having hope in them got me through.

The doctors who were negative and seemed unhappy were not able to help me, they could only give me drugs. The doctors who were positive and happy and also searching for answers were the ones that helped me the most.

Doctors/People who have the truth are able to listen to others ideas and allow others to believe as they want without anger or attacking or name calling. Those who resort to bullying or attacking others opinions and ideas are not completely confident that what they believe is true.

The things that cost a lot of money were not helpful, it was the cheapest and even free treatments, medications, and information that helped the most.

I’m glad you checked in!

I’m glad you are passing on your research and hope!

Thank you for checking in. I took notes from your post as many things clicked for me, ie. burning in my neck for a couple of years. I tell dr.s and get either deer in the headlights look from them or dismissal.