Itching

Lately I have been experiencing severe itching of my face and jaw either directly prior to, or following an episode. Was wondering if anyone else had this and what if anything they found helped with it.

Hi Brain.. now that someone has brought this up.. this is one symptom that I have experience quite often.. but I have yet to bring it up here or to my doctor. But I know what you're talking about.. actually.. my skin in the effected area post shocks is quite sensitive for 1/2 a day to a day. But now thinking about it. they reason why I say this.. the shin feels as if it's itchy.. so when I attempt to scratch or rub.. that is when I notice the skin is so sensitive/irradiated.

so I assume that pre or post episode.. the nerve shocks has the nerve endings so aggravated that the effected area/skin feels as if it's itchy..

I also think since my episodes last 12 somtimes 18 and several 24 hours plus. that the length of these shocks is why I have some much sensitivity.

I also have stated that the shocks to the front top of my head.. post shock my hair when I touch it.. it's also sensitive when it dry.. really weird.

During bad episodes I always feel like I have a hair beneath my eye and or on my cheek, even though there is nothing there, it is irratating and does go away, but in a way it is almost like an itch. Sounds odd I know, but never had before TN!

I am almost conviced that I have a tiny colony of ants living in my chin....

Deanna said:

I am almost conviced that I have a tiny colony of ants living in my chin....

Yes, like that. Drives me crazy. Constantly scratching. I am so glad I found this community. It helps a lot with the sanity....all these little things are connected to this awful desease.

Oh my gosh, seriously everyday I find something new that I can think “me too, me too, stupid TN!” my face seems to itch a lot. I feel like I’m constantly trying to move something away or (you’re gonna love this) I always feel like I’ve got a booger in my nose. Problem is I have to itch lightly, don’t wanna upset anything ya know?? If I itch too hard I get fire in my cheek…I’ve wondered if anyone notices. Unfortunately I’ve not discovered a solution to this. Let me know if you figure it out :slight_smile:

What strikes me as strange is that it really light scratching really seems to help (carefully to avoid setting off attacks) , You know normally when something itches scratching makes it worse but with my "ant-colony" scratching actually seems to relieve the itch. This TN nerve in our brains is the strangest thing ever!