It took 14 months to be pain free after MVD

I just wanted to give hope to all that had MVD and remained in pain after procedure. Everyone heals differently and has different circumstances. After my MVD the pain returned 3 weeks after surgery but no where near the level it was before the surgery. I could go days without pain and then have a bout of pain. I was miserable at the thought that I went through such a procedure, never mind how upsetting it was also to my family, only to be in pain again. My neurosurgeon was extremely optimistic and told me to have faith. Well, I am pain free and it didn't happen overnight. Can't explain why some wake up from surgery pain free, some just get a decrease in pain relief and other poor souls get nothing. This disease is mysterious!!! I just wanted to put out there that there is hope and that I pray for all of you suffering with this terrible disease

Thank you for the encouragement. What a great way to start the new year.

Hi Mat, can I ask what type of TN you had,Type I TN and/or Type II ATN? I have Type II and will be talking to the neurosurgeon tomorrow afternoon.

Thank You,

Jenna

I have Type 1