Is this a diagnosis?

Hi all. I had my visit to the new doctor,she was a proffessor in the dental / facial dept. She basically said i had several issues going on. One was the sclerosing osteitis,which is not an issue,and wont be .The other issue is 'nerve pain' ,and the other is i have a jaw disorder,which to be fair my jaw bone does friggin hurt alot,and she saw the signs of me 'grinding' so has ordered me a splint/guard after a mouth impression.Anyway the nerve pain comes from the trigeminal nerve,so i presume from what she says ,that i 'may' get better.I asked if it was damaged,no she said,if it had been damaged i would have other pains/sensations. She wants to see me again to see how i am,and wants me to try oxy carbamezine (spelling). This doctor takes a very active role in trigeminal neuralgia,and speaks in lectures,so i am confident that she will help me,and that she knows exactly what shes on about,there was no umming or aaarhing,she was straight to the point.I asked if i would have an op,no she said,it is sorted and managed medically. She also sounded confident that i will get better.She mentioned that my body obviously respond well to chronic infection,and that some people react badly to infections.Also because i have underactive gland,that can slow any healing down.Does all this make sense to anyone.

Does her answers make sense? Not really; however the 1st and best line of action for TN, ATN or facial nerve pain is medication and Oxcarbazine AKA Tripleptal is a good drug to start with. Just remember to start with the lowest dose and build up slowly. My doctor put me on a very high dose right out the gate and I had severe reactions. Once we lowered the dosage I did much better.

I tried the dental splint and in the end it caused me more pain in the AM that if I didn't use it. I've also noticed that the specialty of the doctor greatly reflects what your diagnosis will be. Dental = TMJ, jaw, ENT problems. I highly recommend seeing a neurologist who specializes in nerve pain.

I currently am treating my pain with a cocktail of meds and botox injections. The part of the botox injections I received yesterday were aimed at my jaw/TMJ muscles. Between the two I am able to be somewhat functional and not spend my whole day focused on pain.

135-BotoxIMG_26342.jpg (2.18 MB) 136-BotoxIMG_26292.jpg (1.9 MB) 137-BotoxIMG_26312.jpg (2.12 MB)