iPod ear bugs

Ok so this may be really stupid but can playing ur iPod most of the day bother a T3 nerve?? I’ve had a MVD in Nov/12 and did major housework yesterday with my iPod. This is the first time I’ve used because honestly my left side has been sensititive. Now today I am having major attacks, worse then I have ever had. Each attack is laying a long time . I am popping morphine like tic tacs. Is it from the iPod? I don’t know what else I did different to bring this on. Help me please.

Hi Linda, yes, I have had similar hellish experiences with earbuds and listening to music on my iPhone. The pain doesn’t rise so much while I’m listening but it sure rears up later. It’s happened enough times now that I simply don’t do that anymore:(
Hope this episode settles for you soon.
Bellalarke

I have an awesome app on my android and iPhone "simply noise". Usually sound and light are a trigger and this can either muffle the noise (brown noise) or I can train my ear to be less sensible (pink noise). Very useful for falling asleep, or when human contact gets nauseating I can muffle out the sounds of peoples carefree chatter. Thanks to the Fourier transormation.

Hi Linda,
With TN there can be pain in the ear and muffling sound, one of the branches pass through that area. This may be a trigger for you . I also have left sided TN and MVD on that side. Its been 18 months now since surgery starting getting return of symptoms 6 months after surgery and then some. Area of craniotomy makes it very uncomfortable to put my head down on my pillow. I understand your discouraged and I feel for you so very much. So stay away from I pod since this is a trigger. Does this happen without the IPod? Remember no question is ever stupid we are all here to lean on one another. Everyones triggers are different. Sometimes the attacks come on all by themselves. Thats the mystery of this disorder. It creeps up on you when you least expect it to. No matter how hard we try to find our triggers, it will present itself anyway or in a different place. Feel so sad for you Hopeless. Remember though never ever give up.
My Best

Thermotronicia, Thanks for the app tip!/>

thermotronica said:

I have an awesome app on my android and iPhone “simply noise”. Usually sound and light are a trigger and this can either muffle the noise (brown noise) or I can train my ear to be less sensible (pink noise). Very useful for falling asleep, or when human contact gets nauseating I can muffle out the sounds of peoples carefree chatter. Thanks to the Fourier transormation.

thank you everyone, it always seems less frustrating when you know what caused it. Got so much more housework done bouncing around with my ipod but that will never happen again for sure. All you guys really are the best, friends that truly do understand. It really is what we all need. Still working on getting pain free, I really hope it will happen and what my doctor says is true "just be patient"

Take care of you,

Linda

I have a boom box (I know I just really dated myself) that my iPhone plugs right into and it actually has really good sound quality. It’s great for house cleaning and camping and such. I will look at what brand it is and post it for you later. I’m stuck in bed right now in pain/medicated up to my ears from my mvd 6 weeks ago. When I was able to do stuff like cleaning, this was the only way for me to listen to my music on my iPhone. I can’t do earbuds either.

so sad, that means running with them this summer is out of the question too. What I don't understand is before my MVD I used them all the time with no problems. Running, housework, at the gym............

Bellalarke said:

Hi Linda, yes, I have had similar hellish experiences with earbuds and listening to music on my iPhone. The pain doesn't rise so much while I'm listening but it sure rears up later. It's happened enough times now that I simply don't do that anymore:(
Hope this episode settles for you soon.
Bellalarke

Oh btw I don't have "ear bugs" that's disgusting lol....opps on the spelling. lol

thank you, that would be aewsome, might be cheaper then a dock which I thought I am definitely going to look into now or music on the tv bot with the vacuum going you cant hear anything, that is why the ipod is perfect.

HCal said:

I have a boom box (I know I just really dated myself) that my iPhone plugs right into and it actually has really good sound quality. It's great for house cleaning and camping and such. I will look at what brand it is and post it for you later. I'm stuck in bed right now in pain/medicated up to my ears from my mvd 6 weeks ago. When I was able to do stuff like cleaning, this was the only way for me to listen to my music on my iPhone. I can't do earbuds either.

The one I have is small and gets really loud. I bought several different ones before I found one I liked. You should be able to hear this one over the vacuum.
I’m not sure what to do about running. I have an elliptical (I haven’t gotten to use it in a long time because I keep having surgery) and I would just lay my iPhone on it and let it play or use the music channels on my cable and crank my tv up. Hopefully someone else has a good answer for you for running.

Here’s a thought, Linda. You did major housecleaning AND listened with the ear buds (btw, I a big fan of misspellings and auto- corrections when you know what the intention was, it’s a free giggle, not at the writers’ expense, but just the way it is, so I loved Ear Bugs!) anyway, back to the major housecleaning and listening. Sometimes I find its a combination of activities that set it off. Maybe minor housework and a little listening will not cause a flare. Or a short run with low volume. Maybe you’re just not ready yet for “major” but will tolerate some listening in the future.

I agree with Bellalarke. Even before I had the second mvd and I was doing better if I exerted myself too much I would get bad attacks. I am having problems now after my second mvd if I try to do very much at all. It sucks, but I guess it’s life and I have to learn to adjust

Weird. But I just got back from using the elliptical with my ear pods in the whole time and I am having ear pain and some strange cheek pain. So I feel like things are ramping up and I am trying to calm down. It might be the ear pods. I had the Gamma knife in March so I feel a little panicky too,

I would try the old fashioned headphones - back in style !!! Not IN the ear - just on it!

Hey Lou how did the gamma knife work for you?

Lou said:

Weird. But I just got back from using the elliptical with my ear pods in the whole time and I am having ear pain and some strange cheek pain. So I feel like things are ramping up and I am trying to calm down. It might be the ear pods. I had the Gamma knife in March so I feel a little panicky too,

I seem to be hitting the send button too many times. I had my procedure done 3 weeks ago this Wed. Had a terrible set back three days after. Nothing since then but periodic head and ear aches, and sometimes my cheeks hurt. But…does not stay long. I think the headaches come from the head frame. I can chew and bite into food again. It changes every day. Neurosurgeon stated it takes a full three months to determine a result. When I am exposed to too much light or noise I know I have to rest. I am however wary. PTSD from TN.