I'm new to this group

Hello. I am new to this group. I have had this condition for 5 years. It is frustrating that it comes and goes. When it comes it turns my life upside down with the pain. I currently take medication, but I have reached a point where I would consider surgery, if possible. I live close to Chicago and I feel like I need to find a good doctor who really knows this condition and how to treat it. In the past the only test I've had was a CT scan. I feel like the doctors I've seen up to this point haven't had a clue of what to do except prescribe medication. If anyone has any recommendations for a doctor, please let me know.

Hi, Terri, have you found a doctor? Any relief yet?

Terri, sounds like you need to be diagnosed properly. Have you been diagnosed with GPN? Have you noticed it comes when its cold out? When you are unwell or stressed? What are you being prescribed? If it is GPN, you will need a Neurosurgeon to talk to, who is a specialist in this kind of nerve pain.