I am searching for a TN doctor in New York. I live in Poughkeepsie, NY

Hi members. I hope you are having a pain free day and all the ones that follow are even better. I am recently afflicted with TN and I am thus in search of doctors specializing in TN treatment. I am only feeling jabbing/electric shock pain in right forehead area. I am fortunate to have insurance, as my husband works for NYS. Any feedback, experience and doctor recommendations are very welcome. I did see some doctors listed in NYC. If anyone has had experience there, I would be very grateful to listen to your story. Thank you so much for your time.

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for the friend request...it can be lonely being a mod and going through my own issues. You are most fortunate to have good insurance: hence, shop around. My Doctor in Beverly Hills was awsome. For the price of a cheap air plane ticket to Cali, you can have Dr. Levesque and have the surgery at Cedars Sani hospital. Just a thought. The other docs are in Penn and Florida, and were trained bt Doctor Dandy or Jennetta himself.

Anyways, Google Dr Levesque in Bev Hills , agin only a thought. Shop around

Edster

Hi
Although I live in Georgia, I traveled to NY to see Dr. Jeffrey Brown. He is in Long Island. Dr Brown did the MVD surgeries on both my right and left side in 2013. He is a neurosurgeon who is an expert in TN, and I would highly recommend him to you.
If you have any questions please ask!
Christine

Hi Edster, great name! Thank you for the great advice and thank you for accepting my request as well, I'm taking names for sure and doing my homework. A trip to Beverly Hills sounds grand if needed. :) I hope your pain took a hike today right to Rodeo Drive.

All the best,

Kena

Edster said:

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for the friend request...it can be lonely being a mod and going through my own issues. You are most fortunate to have good insurance: hence, shop around. My Doctor in Beverly Hills was awsome. For the price of a cheap air plane ticket to Cali, you can have Dr. Levesque and have the surgery at Cedars Sani hospital. Just a thought. The other docs are in Penn and Florida, and were trained bt Doctor Dandy or Jennetta himself.

Anyways, Google Dr Levesque in Bev Hills , agin only a thought. Shop around

Edster

Hi Christine,

Thank you! So glad to hear of someone in the area! Truly appreciate your feedback, here is hoping you are having pain free days.

All the best,

Kena
Christine said:

Hi
Although I live in Georgia, I traveled to NY to see Dr. Jeffrey Brown. He is in Long Island. Dr Brown did the MVD surgeries on both my right and left side in 2013. He is a neurosurgeon who is an expert in TN, and I would highly recommend him to you.
If you have any questions please ask!
Christine

Hi Kena
Glad I could offer some help! FYI, I am pain and medication free !
Christine

DR Winfree at Columbia University Health Science Center!!!

I also met with Dr Winfree at Columbia. He was great. He deals with gamma knife and other less Invasive procedures. I had my MVD with Dr Mckhann who is phenomenal at Columbia.

Hi Carey,

Thank you for the thoughtful suggestion, Dr. Winfree is a definite possibility, he seems quite popular. I truly appreciate the input, I'm so lost at the moment. Great group. Thanks again.

Carey Larsen said:

DR Winfree at Columbia University Health Science Center!!!

Anne,

Thanks a million for the thoughtful info, Dr. Winfree is definitely a possibility. And Dr. McKhann as well. Much appreciated, truly a great group!

Anne said:

I also met with Dr Winfree at Columbia. He was great. He deals with gamma knife and other less Invasive procedures. I had my MVD with Dr Mckhann who is phenomenal at Columbia.