Hello everyone. I am so grateful to have found this site and for the support I have already received! Thank you Scott, Min, and Patty for your words of encouragement. They really mean a lot to me. So good to know that there are others who know what it is like to go through this. Because the shocks have come and gone over the years, I am somewhat new to TN and I am quite terrified. I have 3 kids - ages 12, 9, and 9 months and it scares me so much to think of the possibility that this pain will be in my future with them! I am terrified to shower, wash my hair, forget about washing my face... brush my teeth, eat, sleep - how can I not do these things and keep up with the kids? I also worry about driving. I can't imagine having a shock while driving them to/from school/sports, etc. Also, I am nursing my 9 month old and wonder what, if any, medications I could take to lessen the severity of the shocks. I don't want to sit around all day trying not to have a shock and I absolutely don't want to feel sorry for myself. I have got to find a way to make peace with this and live my life. I don't want this me to be the mom my kids remember. It truly is comforting to know there are others who get terrifying shocks every time they touch their face - I would certainly NEVER wish this on anyone, but it is comforting to know others are going through this and WORSE. I can't imagine having this on both sides of my face or having it so bad that I can't even go outside and feel a breeze. Scott - your story of having 500 attacks per day is hideous! I can not imagine what you have gone through.

I would appreciate any advice/opinions regarding:

Any medication people have had while nursing

What experiences people have had - does it get a lot worse from this point? Right now, I have pretty much constant tingling on the left side of my face - if I wash my face, it sets off a full blown electrical shock series that lasts probably 10 seconds. If I brush the top left portion of my teeth, I have the same. If I touch my forehead, it usually is just a couple of bad shocks.

Does dental work make it worse? I had a cleaning done in June and since then have had on and off attacks, but nothing as bad as this most recent attack.

Does flying make it worse? I just returned from a trip to see my dad who is very sick with liver cancer. Time on the plane was 6.5 hours one way - would that have set off this most recent terrible attack?

I have made an apt with a neurologist recommend on this site so hopefully he will be able to help.

Thank you so much for helping me!!

Hi LinaBeana and welcome,

Just a suggestion for you - click on 'Discussions' and re-post your questions there. You may get more responses that way, a lot of people post there:)