Has anyone gotten TN from an accident?

I see a lot of people putting down dental, etc. I have not seen anyone mention accidents. I hit my face on a concrete floor when I fell, got trigeminal neuropathy, secondary recessive glaucoma, a damaged retina and a torn tear duct. It has been over 3 years and I am still in the trial and error stage of medicine management. What caused yours?

Substantial numbers of face pain patients report a first presentation of pain following whiplash injury or blunt force trauma to the face in automobile accidents. The proper designation of this sort of pain -- which you are using -- is trigeminal neuropathic pain. It's rare for MVD to be used in managing it, and some doctors resist adding damage to the nerve distribution in Rhizotomy. The most commonly effective class of meds for treatment of this disorder is the tricyclic antidepressants, sometimes in combination with anti-seizure drugs, muscle relaxants, mild tranquilizers, or even an anti-inflammatory.

Go in Peace and Power

Red

Yes, mine was an accidental whiplash from an oral surgeon while I was under!

I also had 7 minor car whiplashes in 20 years

Probably was the straw that broke the camels back!

I am not sure if mine came from an accident or not, but its worth a thought. I had side to side whiplash and my neck is now extended that I am actually 1/2 inch taller than I was before the accident. I also had a major concussion on my left side head. The TN is worse on the right side than left. My accident was in 2007 and the Tn just started in april of this year, so I am not sure if its related or not. I have been prone to migraines since I was in grade school but they got worse after the accident.

Wendy

My TN came as a result from surgery due to a tripod fracture from a car accident. In order to repair my face, the doctor told me I would have nerve damage, it could not be helped.

Mine came from a ceiling fan falling on me.......tore my rotter cuff, injured my back and damaged the trigeminal nerve......

I got hit in the mouth with a baseball and in several riding accidents

I was in a car accident, whiplash injury, which caused a Chiari Malformation to become symptomatic. The neuro's believe this is the cause of the TN 1 & 2.

I often wonder if mine could have been caused by that. I had an accident at 16 and another at 28. My TN started off with what I THOUGHT was dental pain last year, then when I had some work done, it set the TN off full-blown. So I wonder the same thing.

I am almost certain mine was caused by an orbital blowout fracture. What that does is break the bone beneath the eye socket, and the infraorbital nerve runs there. Technically, I have infraorbital Neuralgia, but that can be rolled up with TNP. I have been labled with TN2 and ATFP as well, but infraorbital Neuralgia, i think is the best Dx

The pain though appeared out of the blue about 2 years later. There is a few studies which show scars can eventually tighten around the nerve. Considering I have had no other triggers or neurology issues, and my pain is centralized on the infraorbital nerve distribution, it seems to be the only likely cause.

Ive been in several car accidents the last one being 6 yrs ago....Im not sure if I have neuralgia or neuropathy my pain did start in a tooth