Extreme Stress and Pain

Hi Everyone:

My husband died in a car accident about two months ago (he and two of his friends died instantly). Ive been under such stress. The first month after his passing I was amazed I didn't have pain, but alas it has arrived.

Does anyone else suffer pain when they are super stressed out? Im also very nauseaus which happens when I get pain.

Any suggestions? I have too much to do/accomplish I cannot let this stupid pain/nausea keep me inactive.

Thanks

First I am so deeply sorry for your lost of your husband. I don’t have any advise on this for you on this. I do wish you the best and that the pain will leave you.

Thanks Kari. We were high school sweethearts and just celebrated our 25th anniversary this past December. He would have been 50 in September.

I hate this stupid pain! Ugh! To be honest I could probably handle the pain but the nausea is the worst.

I would like to say I am very sorry for your loss. When is comes to exteam stress like what you have/been goin through I have not experience any thing like that. I do how ever feel like pain is heightened in stress f situations. I too also get very nausea when I get a bad episode of pain. I was persirbed ondansetron to help with nausea. It just a heads up that it’s very exppensive if you don’t have crovage.
I hope you the best and stay strong

Many members report that their pain is exacerbated when under stress. In your case it is hard to imagine being under more stress and anxiety. I do know that for myself I always become more susceptible to pain when I suffer stress.
The only suggestions I have are to ask your Dr for help and I am sure you will already have done that. Also take a look through Coping With Crisis in the FCE PAIN INFO tab at the top of the page, there are suggestions there for relieving stress.
I would like to offer my sincere condolences for your very, very sad loss, I cannot even for one minute, imagine the angst you are going through. My thoughts are with you.

Ask your doctor for some nausea medication. I’ve have some in hand because the pain can make start puking my guts out. Such joy (lots of sarcasm there). I think it’s prescription strength Benadryl. The draw back is it knocks you out. But that might help. Sending some good vibes your way and lots of hugs too.

I find that my pain. Is worse with stress my neuro prescribed celexa for stress and anxiety but I find that the side fx suckwhen cobined with my other meds so I don’t take it. I find that baclofen actually helps more than the celexa even though I makes me tired and zaps my motivation

I'm sorry about your lose. Yes, I feel that TN does act up more when I'm under strees, also lack of sleep, and if I don't eat on time.

Thanks for the condolences and suggestions.

I am sorry for your loss. I also get TN pain from stress. All I can suggest is knowing when to give yourself the downtime you need to heal. Accepting that sometimes I need to rest is huge.

I am sorry for your loss. I can truly relate ; I lost my fiancee a few years ago. He died in a motorcycle accident the night before my birthday. Crazy how life changes in an instant. Yes, I definitely learned that crying, stress, extreme emotion triggers painful attacks. If u can keep busy -awesome! Don’t deny your body rest n yourself pain meds when necessary though. Increased pain causes increased stress n more pain-it’s a vicious cycle. Rest n medicate as needed. If u can find the strength, time, n ability to add cardio, yoga or meditation into your day that might help. I keep a warming rice pack around to put on my face when it hurts. Some people just put rice in a sock, tie it, n pop it in the microwave; it’s just as effective. I wish u all the luck . Be sure to let others be there for you in your hard times. I hope ur pain levels decrease asap

I am so very, very sorry about your loss. I can only imagine how hard it must be. I lost my Mom last August and that has caused me a lot of stress and grief since we were very close and basically my last close remaining family. I think taking it as easy as possible as much as you can, getting lots and lots of rest ( making time to do so as well) is important. Staying as close and in touch with those closest and dear to you is very important.I would contact your doctor ( if you haven't already done so) to let him know how you are feeling and ask him what he can give you to help you through this tough time. My doctor prescribed 1 mg of Ativan to help me relax with the anxiety and stress and that really seems to help. I only take it when I need to and with the low dose it helps just enough to not knock me out or make me feel "zombie like". Nasuea..I'm sure there is something he can give you as well. God Bless you. I wish you the very best and pain free days to come.

MsChief and Mikey

I too am sorry for your losses. Losing a loved one sucks!! Both of you look so young it sucks that you have to struggle with this pain!!!! Mine started in my 40's. Thank you for your insight and suggestions.

I would like to offer my deepest condolences for your loss . Please take care.