Dr. Richard Lederman, Cleveland Clinic

I have an appointment with Dr Lederman soon and was wondering if anyone else has any knowledge of him. Also I have Atypical TN and had MVD 3 years ago which obviously did not work. Does anyone have any new experience besides meds to fix this horrible disorder?
Thanks,
Donna in Kentucky

Donna, if you hear anything please let me know. My boyfriend has TN, and we live in Cleveland. Good luck

I have ATN, and the MVD relieved the shock, but not the chronic burning boring pain. Seven months after the MVD, my surgeon recommended a peripheral nerve stimulator for pain management. It works incredibly well, and I no longer take any meds.
Please feel free to contact me if you hVe my questions.
Best of luck
Christine

Thank you for replying, I was beginning to think no one was giong to reply.

Kristen, I will let you know. Right now, my insurance is giving me fits about paying, so hopefully we can get it straightened out.

Christine, I am so glad you are pain free. I need to check into the peripheral nerve stimulator more, I really don't know much about it. I would love to get off the meds and be pain free. Did you have to have another surgery for this?

Donna

Hi Donna,
The PNS implant is a surgical procedure, but much much less invasive than MVD. The unit consists of a battery which is connected to leads, or wires, that run along the path of the trigeminal nerve. Everything is placed just under the skin, and the procedure is generally out patient.
Christine