Does noise, music and even people talking trigger your TN?

I notice today I was feeling fine this morning until riding in the car with my Sister in law and that the music which wasn’t really loud started to trigger my TN. Do you ever feel like you are being a burden to someone when you don’t want to hear their music, tv or even someone voice. You just sometimes want absolute silence. I don’t know…just need to get that off my mind.

Yep…that resonates with me (pun intended) :o)
I get that way too - I think it’s because the trigeminal nerve is direct wired into the brain stem, and therefore the brain - I mean, think about it - it’s no lamp cord, relatively speaking - its the overhead power line of nerves…
Hoping that you are feeling better :o)
Lily

I feel the same, but not everyday. I thought because I am always bad mood, emotiona land temprimental.

Yes, Yes and Yes… music too loud triggers it, loud or sudden noises trigger it and people talking to me triggers it. Its horrible because when I am at school it triggers everytime a teacher talks to me! x

YES! Music in the car. And I have a 15 year-old daughter who wants the music loud and then wants to talk over it. I cannot take it. . . zap zap zap. She is a competitive cheerleader and I had to go to her competition today and thought I wanted to cut my head off. The music and people beating on stuff. I feel like screaming “Is that really necessary???” But I want to watch her. I only have her for a few more years and then she will be off to college.

GLAD YOU DIDN’T HAVE YOUR CAP LOCKS ON! : ) bob

yes and yes for me as well! its a frequency thing for me, there is certain levels i just can’t take! and this is a very hard thing for me as my husband and I run a music business, we do live sound, recording, graphic design, media work. i have had to mostly take myself out of a lot of it. yes church is very hard. i have to sit in a specific spot, thank God for my husband finding me that spot, were I hear the least of the music but can still be a part of the service.

i love music this is new to me ,thats why i feel in a bad mood
i did tell my hubby cut the tv down it was getting on my nerves
wow thats crazy we always go karaoke now what
does this TN come every yr or what can somone tell me i had it last yr
real bad but, it was gone all yr then it came back!! so plz explain it to me!!

I know what you feel like, several days a week after work I just need to sit in the dark with nothing on, and no one talking, makes me feel like an outcast at home, but my headache needs some peace and silence.

sally, some people this effects on a daily basis others just a certain times of the year, usually during the fall and spring (extreme weather and pressure changes) others go pain free for years before having another attack. all on an individual basis

hey there anyone have face book look me up
ya my special family too !! how ya feeling ,
today, am trying to stay out the wind ha!
i hated that feeling!!

My TN started after many months of construction noises in my neighborhood and I absolutely believe that

there is a connection. I've always been horribly sensitive to noises- especially electronic ones.

The fascinating thing to me, though, is that since I've started taking Gabapentin I am much less sensitive to noise. Before this all started, I tried taking the homeopathic remedy Nux Vomica and noticed that it seemed to

help as well.

I would love to see a study on the noise/TN connection.