Community Chat: Living With Atypical TN

Living with TN [http://www.livingwithtn.org] will host a real-time chat room gathering from 2:00 to 4:00 PM US Eastern Standard Time, Wednesday August 3, 2011.

The session will be moderated by R.A.“Red” Lawhern, Ph.D, lead author/research analyst for our “Face Pain Info” menu tab. Although he is not a medical doctor, Red has over 16 years experience as an informed patient advocate, medical language “translator”, web author and webmaster for chronic face pain sites. He has corresponded with nearly 3,000 face pain patients, family members, and physicians in this Internet community service. The purpose of the session is to share a deep body of experience between long-time patients and “newbies” , realizing that none of us are doctors and nobody can offer a diagnosis at a distance with any authority. Members are encouraged to discuss any information uncovered in the chat with their doctor.

This chat session will be a first experiment in what we hope may become an occasional series on multiple aspects of chronic neuropathic face pain. The subject for the session will be “Medical Assessment and Treatments for Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia”. The format is open-group Q&A, with Red facilitating and adding to the inputs of other discussants, assisted by Stef (Leader for our Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia group), Gloria E and Jackie, co-moderators. Chat Room participation requires a site member login.

With a membership of over 1300 at Living With TN, we may learn something about the limits of our server capacity. So please be patient as we ramp up the learning curve. All are welcome.

Thanks,

Moderators

This is a fantastic idea. I can’t wait!

glad you are excited Crystal!

Thanks for setting this up! It sounds really great. I would love to participate but I will be at a doctor’s appointment. Will the chat be archived in some way so that we can still benefit from the discussion even if we can’t be there live?

i missed it! i really could use the info. drats. im not with it lately.

I missed it too. Is a transcript going to be available?

I look forward to reading it!

Sounds like a resounding success! so happy.

bravo! better health to all!

it will only get better each time. so glad to have taken part.

Will try to make it but I’m scheduled for an injection and may miss it. Thanks, though, for helping Scott!