Change in the Bone (change in the Jaw/Mandibule bone)

Dear all - (sorry for the double post. and me seemingly anxious , but it was improtant for me to check this point).

does anyone here has a VISIBLE change in the look of thier mandibule bone or Jaw bone ?

i will explain...

After the pains strated - in the first hald year - - i noticed a very visible change in my face, change in the look of my jaw line on the left side of the face . (side of the pain) .

My jaw angle became more BONEY"/POINTY/ SHARP on one side...and in the angle of the it was like a small bone was growing.

The doctors first "laughed" at me when i mentioned it. and i was amazing - i had to "force" them to thouch my cheek and bone - and when they did - they felt the small "bone" that was growing there.

also the JAW CT showed that small bone on one side. on one side of my face - the feeling is flat - on the left side - there is a bone-bump. like a small bone grew out of there. or pressed from the inside.

people who sees me also said something changed in my face. like one side of my face is a bit deformed. nothing drastic - but still...

I've preformed a "Bone Scan" which actually showed a "hot spot" on the mandibule - but till now - no doctor could explain these things. they say it's not critical - since the MRI + CT are ok.

For me - it's just saying that there IS something there that is pressuring the nerve.. .that causes all the pain. that is why i'm not so "easy" to accept a general diagnosis of Atypical Facial Pain if the cause is treatable.

(i spoke had here a guy in Israel told me he suffered from this in the 80's - and he also had a change in the madibule bone till this day. buy the way - he was "cured" after treated with Pulsed Radio Frequency".

another by-the-way - i've read an article that people with ATN - while taken a biopsy of the jaw bone - was discovers some bone cavity or something like that.

anyone also has that visible change is thier face ? jaw bone ?

thanks all for sharing. it's at least a plave maybe to learn from people and understand things toghther...

good night all

nir

The type of visual change you are describing doesn't appear in medical literature that I know of -- at least not associated with TN pain. It's possible you have some sort of unrelated bone spur activity. Likewise, "pulsed radio frequency energy" has no record of effectiveness against either bone spurs or neurological damage. My observations are based on 16 years of reading the literature of neuropathic face pain, and corresponding with over 3,000 face pain patients.

Regards, Red