Back from MVD

I am back recovering from my MVD, they found a big artery indenting the trigeminal nerve and they were able to remove it. The pain is not completely gone but I have my fingers crossed.

Congratulations Anna!

Give it a little time…I was at about the 4+ week mark before I could say the surgery ‘worked’…keep well, rest, and enjoy your recuperation period!

CAT

Thanks, I know can take a while, after my first one I had instant relief and I was hoping to wake up without any pain at all. Dr. Carson said the nerve was deeply indented and it could take time to recover.

Congratulations from me also Anna!

I am so glad that they found that great big artery and were able to perform the MVD successfully. How are you feeling otherwise? No post-op problems?

I am sorry to say Anna, that I did not know you were going in for a 2nd MVD ~ but I send to you now through the internet - waves of strength, happiness and relaxation to continue your ongoing, increasingly better health and full restoration to your own beautiful pre-TN self!

All my best Anna ~ keep us updated with your continued progress and I look forward to hearing your progress as you are able to post back here next time!

Best Wishes for a complete pain free recovery Anna!

Kerry xx

HiYa Anna I forgot to attach my favourite pic: the DEAD MONSTER!

THIS ONE’S FOR YOU!!!

CAT

Greetings Anna,
Sending my prayers and best thoughts for your continued healthy and successful recovery. May your days to come be pain and a celebration of all the good things life offers! Rest …rest…rest…and treat yourself well. Peace and blessings sent your way.
Aleshia

One week out and I just found out today I have an ear infection on the side of the surgery. Man does it still hurt. I know it will get better. Take care.

HOpe you feel better soon…dontcha get unlimited ice cream for ear infections? I seem to remember something like that when I was a kid…no, wait, that was tonsillitis…

:slight_smile:

CAT

Thanks for all of the support. The ear infection is really throwing a kink into my recovery. It is extremely painful, if I had know I would have avoided children at all costs. My hearing in that ear is really bad now any it was only a little bit off just after the surgery. I had some permanent hearing loss in my right ear from the MVDs on that side and I know it is one of the risks. I am afraid the ear infection may make and already traumatized auditory nerve worse and leave me with significant hearing loss. I will just have to wait and see.

My family is spoiling me rotten, and yes I do get icecream.

hope you all are doing well. Anna

I have developed an infection along the incision and I have been started on another antibiotic. I hope it will work and I won’t have to go back in.

The infection is looking better today, so hopefully it will clear up.

I ended up with an infection in the incision andI had to be put on another antibiotic. It has finally cleared up. I still have the ATN like pain just in front of my ear but I haven’t given up yet. Other than that I am feeling really good and I am able to do so much more. I hope you all are doing OK. Thanks for all of your support!!

Best to you Anna, sounds like good news after your infection goes away!
What an awesome surgeon you had! How are you now?

Oh I just realized how long ago your surgery was! Sorry…I’m new at this.
But I do want to know if it was successful?