Aimovig, Ajovy, Eemgality Warning

The new “miracle” injections for migraines are slowly starting to have negative effects posted. Nothing official, mind you. Officially the manufacturers of all three list the only side effect as injection site reaction.

But, do a little digging and you find people are starting to post reactions anecdotal. One reaction that I felt should be mentioned on this site is the fact the several people have posted that about two weeks after the first shot their TN/ATN flared.

Is this medically proven? No.

But it was bad enough for a dozen people to mention it and they all had a flare at the two week mark – and that was just in the first four pages of comments I was skimming through.

Food for thought.

Hi
I have been taking Aimovig since July. Where can i read about the side effects you posted? It helps the migraines for sure. My tn changed a bit but i figured it just does that. Thank you for providing this info.
Camia

Here are some of the sites I found very interesting in terms of patient-reported experience:

This article I stumbled into and found additional information about the original side effect reporting:

I’m happy to hear you’re doing well on it. The first dose (a week ago) has gone so poorly for me I won’t be doing a second dose.

I’m sorry it didn’t go well for you. Were you trying it for migraines or for TN/ATN?

I’m happy your migraines are better! You mentioned your TN changed. Would you please let us know which type of TN you have and how it changed, for better or worse? Thanks and I wish continued relief for you.

Hi Thanks for asking,
I had the MVD as my TN 2 went into my front tooth. Couldn’t tolerate that. Had the MVD 3/19/19. I have both type 1 and 2. type 2 is worse. No change in anything yet except for the side effects of surgery and healing. could take up to a year to see if there was any improvement.

How are you doing?

The aimovig is still really good. Only 4 migraines last month.

I hope you will get good relief from your MVD. Interesting that you say type 2 is worse. I’ve always wondered about which is the greater curse. I’ve been having some tough times and for a few years now I’ve found I can’t have a regular job and can only work in short spurts (if at all) before I have to lie down with an ice pack on my head and face. Luckily I am a writer and can work at home, though it greatly limits my opportunities. I kicked myself for a long time, but I guess that’s how my life is gonna go until I find some sort of meaningful relief. Have you been able to work with this monster? I’m happy your migraines are better.