Added Oxcarbazepine (Trileptal)

Called the doc today because they had said they had something that was faster acting than the gabapentin. I hope so, I've gone from a "3" pain level this morning to bouts of "5-8" in the last few hours. Knot on my right side where the burning is.....am feeling blessed we celebrated Thanksgiving with my family at my house on Saturday, because I'm thinking I couldn't have done it if history repeats itself, because by Thursday I may just be begging for sleep!

Hoping the Oxcarbazepine takes effect this evening!

Dear Kristal, I take trileptal - I couldn’t bear all of the side effects of the tegretol. I hope that it works quickly for you, but don’t be surprised if it takes a few weeks. I know, I hate to say that, but that is SOMETIMES how it goes with these drugs. So let’s hope that you are the exception rather than the rule, and that you get sweet relief from this in time for the holiday. Take it easy on yourself in the meantime.
Hugs,
Lily

I take 600mg of Trileptal twice a day and it works quite well to control my TN. I haven’t had a full blown attack in months. I still have trouble brushing my teeth and don’t even try to touch the side of my right nostril. That all causes jolts but not lasting attacks.

I hope it works as well for you.