Worsing pain

my doctor increase my oxycone from 5m xday to 10mg 4xday although i am in a stupor my pain seems worse. I have been having some back pain and was wondering if this triggered my ATN. It feel like a hot explosion in my mouth right now.

I too am on opioid therapy, I take morphine orally and have an implanted pump. But your feeling of stupor should lessen once you are used to the higher dose, at least mine did. I also have back pain, which is why I have the pump, I have arachnoiditis and fibromyalgia as well. Will be praying for your pain dear!!

thanks for the feed back. I try not to complain too much to my family because i feel it gets old. I go to doctor every month but i am getting no better. Now i have DDD and I can’t do things to distract myself from ATN pain. I was interested in “pain management” and exactly what that is and is it helpful.

Judith , Anyone suffering from chronic pain can benefit from the experience of a pain management Doctor. Their goal is aimed at getting our pain under control, and hopefully, they will do this in a compassionate and caring way, please keep us posted!!

Judith, sorry to hear your not doin good right now. Are they giving you any anti-depressants to manage the pain as well?? Min

no anti-depressants maybe i’ll ask about them. But i am more frustrated than depressed. Although my nervous system has been crazy lately. When the pain doesn’t stop i get all shakey and feel like i am going to explode. Maybe i do need antidepressant. But i sleep so much now i’m afraid anything else would make me sleep all the time. thanks for concern

I sure hope things get better very soon for you Judith. Very soon indeed. Thinkin bout ya. Min

Min, thanks for thinking about me. I spent the day with my grandkids (15& 24) the distraction was really good for my pain. Also I have been taking ibuprofen between my pain pills and that seems to help. I just wish this condition was something that could be healed. But I guess we just have to try to make the best we can of it. love to all

I went to health food store to ask about a natural pain reliever. They recommended Curamin. Supposed to good for arthritis and even for tooth pain. Has anyone ever tried this.

No Judith, I have not. But, I am open to natural remedies and I do have arthritis. I take glucosamine chondrointin for mine. Please do let us know how this works out for ya. I am interested to hear! Min