Where does this not go?!

Hello, I have TN, and GN, and MS.....warts and hives too!

Seriously my TN lives mostly in my teeth and while for many years my GN lived in my eyes, ears and tongue, recently; well about 2 years ago it want down my throat, bilaterly, most MS goes bilaterally and now.....unilaterly down into my neck. I do not have triggers, it just comes and goes, and I have not had the horrible pain for years but I get the burning and the "zap". Neurontin has helped me and I take it if the pain is >5.

1.Could someone who has this in their neck tell me about it?

2.Where else does it go? I have heard shoulders.

And finally......where does it NOT go?

Thanks,

Funtsie

Hi Funtsie. In my opinion you can get neuralgia anywhere. It can go anywhere it wants to. I have neuralgia on my right groin (that's where it started right after stomach hernia surgery), throat, mouth, tongue, cheeks, top of my head, bladder, stomach, breasts, and my back all the way around to my stomach. I personally am tired of this disease. When is there going to be some type of cure, research, or medicine to make a person feel human and not in so much pain? My medicines help or I would not even get out of bed. I have where this part of my body hurts more. Then this one. Then this one is not as bad today. On and on it goes.

I also think all this pain wears a person out. I can't sleep right and then I wake up tired. The more tired I am, the more the pain becomes. Then I do nothing and it is a wasted day, which is almost everyday. It is a vicious cycle with no end in sight.

There has to be some common dominator if we just figure it out. I know I really didn't answer your question as I went off on a tangent, but maybe I needed to.

To answer your question, yes, I believe you can get neuralgia in the shoulders. Where else does it go? I think anywhere in the body.

I hope I helped in some way. At least for you to know you are not alone. That has been a biggie for me. I am so glad for computers and medical groups. My family and friends just did not understand neuralgia and how bad and painful it can be. For years and years I thought I was alone. Even doctors would look at me funny when I mentioned neuralgia. Even now, they act like it is nothing. You got neuralgia, they say? and don't even write it down as a medical condition. They would if they had it. Of course, I would not wish this on even an enemy. No one should have to suffer so much.

I hope you can get some relief soon. Have a nice day.

Jenelle

Jenelle Zamyslowski said:

Hi Funtsie. In my opinion you can get neuralgia anywhere. It can go anywhere it wants to. I have neuralgia on my right groin (that's where it started right after stomach hernia surgery), throat, mouth, tongue, cheeks, top of my head, bladder, stomach, breasts, and my back all the way around to my stomach. I personally am tired of this disease. When is there going to be some type of cure, research, or medicine to make a person feel human and not in so much pain? My medicines help or I would not even get out of bed. I have where this part of my body hurts more. Then this one. Then this one is not as bad today. On and on it goes.

I also think all this pain wears a person out. I can't sleep right and then I wake up tired. The more tired I am, the more the pain becomes. Then I do nothing and it is a wasted day, which is almost everyday. It is a vicious cycle with no end in sight.

There has to be some common dominator if we just figure it out. I know I really didn't answer your question as I went off on a tangent, but maybe I needed to.

To answer your question, yes, I believe you can get neuralgia in the shoulders. Where else does it go? I think anywhere in the body.

I hope I helped in some way. At least for you to know you are not alone. That has been a biggie for me. I am so glad for computers and medical groups. My family and friends just did not understand neuralgia and how bad and painful it can be. For years and years I thought I was alone. Even doctors would look at me funny when I mentioned neuralgia. Even now, they act like it is nothing. You got neuralgia, they say? and don't even write it down as a medical condition. They would if they had it. Of course, I would not wish this on even an enemy. No one should have to suffer so much.

Jenelle

Thanks Janelle, I never thought of it that way! Somehow that gives me some peace.

Funtsie

Jenelle Zamyslowski said:

Jenelle