Weaning down

Well, I started weaning down on my meds on May 28th. Doing good so far. I was taking 1200mg carbamazepine (tegretol) daily and I am down to 1000 now. I am considering going down to 800 and seeing how I do, but I am pretty sure that I can't go any lower than that. And I may get to 800 and have to up it again. Since I have been doing pretty well, just thought I'd try to get as low as possible on the meds for a while...........I get so tired of being tired from them. MAYBE it will help me be more alert for a while. What are your thoughts on this? I hope each and every one of you is doing well.

My Neuro weaned me off the Tegretol the first time after I had been pain free for aprox 3-6 weeks. I then experienced a really long remission.
Listen to your body Donna, and take your time.
I hope it all works out for you.
((( hugs ))) Mimi xx

Mimi, I have talked to my mom and she suggested I stay on 1000mg for a month or 2 and see if I do ok. I agree because I have started noticing some little tingly feelings and I don't want to get to 800 by next week and then be in the floor. I am just going to wait a month or 2 and see. Thanks! and (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Sounds reasonable , I’m in the same boat…at 1200mg , I would like to be at 800mg
( my right side was great at that dose) but week 3 post mvd, the left side didn’t like 800mg, at 1200, I’m pain free both sides.
Good luck! Mimi xx