Virus Responsible for Cranial Neuralgia's? Please HELP

The jury is still out in my case if I've got cranial neuropathies from a dormant virus in my nerves (probably in skull base ganglion) or if I have blood vessel inflammation from lupus.

I have now had TN attacks on both sides of my face (not simultaneously) and have had other distortions of taste and smell. I've had intermittent hemofacial spasms and tonus in my neck during attacks. I had a recent (mild, compared to first TN attack) attack eminating in my right ear which is yet another problem of cranial neuropathies.

This last attack I had a bunch of cold sores (and a lupus lesion) on my face and my right ear seemed to have a sore in it as it was bleeding a little and I could feel the scab. This was just days before the geniculate attack in the same region.

Months ago I had a very sparse rash along my nerve paths with muscle weakness. It was definitely NOT shingles, didn't look like it at all, and none of my docs thought it did. My rheumatologist thought it was a coxsackie virus in my nerves.

I really want to know WHY this happening to me, is it lupus or is it a virus and what can I do to stop it.

Thank you in advance, Julie