TN Type 2 and Dental Pain

Hi Everyone, My apologizes I've not been on for a while as I wanted to see how I would cope avoiding everything related to TN pain, I dont think it has worked as I'm still in pain.

I have managed to avoid the dentist for what must be 1 whole year now, so that is a great achievement in itself. I have had two regular 6 month check-ups which is the first time in years that I'm not begging my dentist for an extraction.

Over these past few months I've had several pain free days and days will dull pain but then days and weeks with constant unbearable pain which always starts at my teeth (especially on one certain tooth).

The pain always starts with tooth or teeth pain and radiates up around my eye and to the front of my forehead, the pain is currently on the left-side as I do get the pain on both-sides (but never at the same time). The pain is far worst on the right-side and I find stress can cause the right-side to flare-up, this can happen even when I am just talking.

Today I am contemplating whether to go to the Dentist as I am back with having tooth pain on my top left pre-molar, I've had this same pain what feels like tooth ache on and off for nearly two years now. My Dentist has checked this tooth and carried out an x-ray a year ago and all was fine (she tells me its the TN pain).

The problem is now, I cant tell if the pain is TN pain or dental tooth pain, I would normally say its TN pain that I am suffering from but sometimes when I eat sweet foods this can start the tooth pain which then turns into TN pain, so it could be the tooth does have a cavity.

Some mornings I wake-up with no pain, but then 15-20 minutes the pain comes-on, and other mornings like this morning I wake-up with the pain already started.

I have a 6 month check-up in January, so I may try and wait till then.

Regards Wes

Wes, sooo sorry to hear your still in so much pain! I wish I could be of more help, I went through the whole teeth thing in 1990. I am sorry your having to go through all of this.Wishing you the best and more and more painfree days! SOFT HUGS, Dawn

I also went through over 6 months of going back and forth to dentist he was an idiot though and kept pulling teeth which left me worse in the end. TN is not an easy thing to except and we want to think its something else, anything but this...

Thank you for your kind support, it certainly does help. I just wish none of us had to go through this awful painful condition.

During the summer I have had periods with no pain which was totally fantastic (I was speechless), it was a glimpse of normality and a feeling of what I used to be like before this TN pain started over 6 years ago.

Each time when there is no pain I think this is it! no more pain, maybe the pain has gone for good, but sadly this is not the case.

Even when there is no pain I can still suffer the small shocks, even though I suffer the constant type 2 pain where a dull ache turns into a crippling 9 pain which can last for hours, days to weeks, then continue again at a strong dull pain with levels from 4 to 8........................... I still fight.

I can be sure of one thing, as much as this TN pain condition can change you, it will NOT make me a bitter person. This TN pain has made be a stronger person, I still make sure I have the same friendly chatty character, still have the happy positive personality where my family, friends and colleges are important to me.

This TN condition will not beat me, it will not beat us............... be strong!