TN and numbness

Woke up this morning with numbness on the left side of my face - side that has the TN. Feels like I'm coming off of novacaine. Have all my muscle tone, just feels numb. Has anyone else felt this? Did it stay for long?

I have numbness too. In a line running from my eyebrow down through the corner of my eye, and down the side of my nose. And it is almost always there. It feels like you said. Like coming off of novacaine. Drives me nuts!

I too have this off and on. My face swells up when the numbness occurs. Mine will also feel like millions of hot pins and needles stuck into my cheek. Mine stays primarily located in my cheek area. The swelling is in my cheek and extends to my lower jaw. The swelling is always there to some degree...just worsens when the numbness and pins and needles happen.

MIne is numb on my cheek up to my eye and makes my eye sort of droop. Not constant but comes and goes!

does anyone have a small child with tn my grandson is 3yr old i would love to talk to someone about this please let me know

Like shindig my first sign was numbness, although the drs. never mentioned TN at that time. I woke up one morning to complete and total numbness on the whole right side of my head. scalp, tongue, cheeks etc. My first thought was a stroke, then bells palsy and soon ruled those out. That started my search to see was was going on and eventually led me to TN. The total numbness lasted for over a year and a half and slowly started to subside to now what is slight numbness and does get a little more when physically stressed. This started about nine years ago. The burning started in 2008 and the lightning strikes started in 2010.

I get strange sensations that seem to be a cross between tingling and numbness which I have dubbed “numbleting”. Yes, enough to drive you batty.

Scott, it’s good to read in your profile that you’ve had success with cranial- sacral and acupuncture.

Bellalarke

Thanks Bellalarke,

It is nice to have family that can help, without them I don't know what I would have done.

Bellalarke said:

I get strange sensations that seem to be a cross between tingling and numbness which I have dubbed "numbleting". Yes, enough to drive you batty.

Scott, it's good to read in your profile that you've had success with cranial- sacral and acupuncture.

Bellalarke

Numbness went away after a few days. Wonder if it will come back?

Nora, be prepared for all symptoms to come and go, and sometimes, thankfully, disappear altogether.

Eeek. Want them to go and stay gone. :) Neurologist said I could try stopping medicines one at a time after a month - I asked if I could check to see if it was just a freak 1 time thing. Has anyone stopped it and had it stay gone? Or am I being foolish? Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.