SPG Block & Numbness

Good morning, all.

I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions, help regarding my current situation.

I had Gamma Knife in October of last year, Cyberknife in April of this year, and most recently an SPG Block.
After the Cyberknife I had a host of symptoms that were very unpleasant; burning in mouth/face, sores that appeared in and around my mouth, thrush, etc. My neurologist suggested that an SPG block would be helpful with the neuropathic pain (non-electrical shock type), which I elected, as my shocking pain is virtually gone.

While I had numbness and burning before the SPG, it was limited to my mouth. My eye has felt weird ever since the Cyberknife procedure, though it is not dry; just feels like someone's finger is in there. Now, my numbness consumes the entire left side of my face; including my jaw, throat, tongue, lips, nose, eye, cheek, eyebrow, and forehead - even continuing up into my scalp.

While this is better than the pain (I suppose), it is very uncomfortable. It is affecting my speech and eating/drinking is a challenge.

Has anyone had these symptoms post-Cyberknife/SPG? Can I expect the numbness to dissipate and eventually go away?

I can not imagine having the symptoms I have now for the rest of my days :-/

Thank you for reading and for any help you can offer.

Christine

Cleo, Thank you fro the information.

If permanent nerve damage was sustained is there a way for them to tell?
I have been getting no answers.
Thanks for your time,
Christine

Wow! Thought it was just me. I had surgery very young but gamma knife last year. I was already numb from the surgery but gamma knife added to it. My right side burns, I have problems smiling and with my tongue. I use a straw for drinking and it's hard to eat certain thick foods. I'm post 1 year and this hasn't improved so I'm not sure if it may be permanent. Sorry I can't be more of help but it's almost nice to know that someone else had this as well as the doctors act like I'm crazy but when they see what I can't do, they realize I'm not. :/